Mazda 6 - Fuel & the fuel filter - Med

Hi Guys,

I wanted to get your valued opinion on a few things:

1. When a car goes into an approved garage, is it their policy to record mileage of the car coming in and going out? My argument a while ago is that one of the approved garages it has been taken too (will not name yet) has driven the car (this being a good few years back), i broke down on X miles and after it left their garage it had Y miles to which they say they know nothing of!

2. To what extent can the on-board computer record? Does it record bits and peices like when fuel was topped up? if the car hit red on rpm etc?

3. Under a recent and further examination of the car, the fuel filter was removed and the liquid contents were taken away for testing, now - i've got a diesel car but the fuel filter had a smell of petrol in it - what can cause this? Could it something else apart from petrol that makes it smell like that....? The confusion that i have here is that i've also taken a small sample for my self and put it into a container, the liquid is very much like a light olive oil and same thickness (but a little thinner than oil) - i tried to burn a small amount of it in a seperate pot and the liquid did not catch fire. My question, what else could this be?

4. My injectors have also been removed and have been sent to a laboratoy, could any of you explain to as much detail as you can, time permitting of course - if the tests come back to say the injectors are faulty visa versa, what does that mean?

For those of you who remember my story - one small section of it mentioned the tyre valves snapping off, i had it confirmed (not in writing yet) that there was a recall for them and the expert was shocked alongside the technician that i had to pay and that others had the same problem...contact me for further information if you've also paid.

Many thanks as always,

CONTACT@MAZDA-CAMPAIGN.CO.UK