"Motor Servicing Direct" - Servicing of car ? - JayneK65

Hi All,

Has anyone ever used "Motor Servicing Direct" for the servicing of their car? I found them on the web, and was wondering how good/reliable they are, they don't appear in any search engine for independent reviews, which in itself is a little concerning.

They offer to arrange your service for you, under your manufactures warranty, they then collect and return your car and their cheaper than the main dealer, Is this too good to be true???

Any advice would be great :-)

Thanks

"Motor Servicing Direct" - Servicing of car ? - brum

They are a broker/middleman. They dont have anything to do with the servicing, just arrange some local "partner" to do it and get commission.

Who will carry out the work on my vehicle?

When you book a service or any work with Motor Servicing Direct Ltd you can rest assured that your vehicle is in the hands of fully qualified vehicle technicians. Our National Network of garages and all technicians have to pass strict 'professional guidelines' and adhere to our 'code of conduct' to become Approved Members of our National Network.

Oh yea?

I put in my details and got near enough main dealer price (I can usually knock the dealer down below that price anyway).

Wouldnt be happy if Joe Numpty's mate working out of a lockup in the local council estate did it.

Of course, the OP may just be an insider spamming the forum

Edited by brum on 07/08/2013 at 13:09

Thanks for the reply, I was aware they are just a "middle man" I did read their website fully, with my car they quoted nearly £50 cheaper than the main dealer, plus you have no hassle of taking your car in and then not having a car while they work on yours, They collect and return the car for you, My main worry is the lack of independant reviews.

I have been told which garage it was being taken to, but not cross checked yet......

Again I worry about handing over my keys to a "stranger" with no proof its not being taken to the nearest port to be exported !

Im also told I can cancel my booking at anytime, something I might now consider unless I can source someone who has indeed had dealing with them.

"Motor Servicing Direct" - Servicing of car ? - jc2

Many dealers will collect and return.

"Motor Servicing Direct" - Servicing of car ? - oldtoffee

Putting in my vehicle (Santa Fe diesel) details a big service would cost £189 whereas my dealer's price was £467 (I didn't pay that, I bought a 5 year/5 service package for £1,050) so I can see the attraction.

I wouldn't trust someone I didn't know to do the work and I'd be suspicious that the correct oil wouldn't be used and I'd also suspect all the filters would not be to OE standard. I'd be waiting for the phone call about the dangerously worn out brake pads that they can do if you ok the work quickly. If you don't want to pay main dealer prices, find a decent independent who knows your car type and will do a good job at a fair price.

Ok, I have taken on board what has been said, and for the sake of £50 I have cancelled my booking with Motor Servicing and booked into a local garage instead.

With a car under warranty I can't afford to have it made "null and void" due to the possibility of inferior parts having been used !

Thanks for all you help :-)

Jayne

"Motor Servicing Direct" - Servicing of car ? - 72 dudes

Ok, I have taken on board what has been said, and for the sake of £50 I have cancelled my booking with Motor Servicing and booked into a local garage instead.

With a car under warranty I can't afford to have it made "null and void" due to the possibility of inferior parts having been used !

Thanks for all you help :-)

Jayne

Sensible move. There is no real benefit in using these "fixers". Carry on using the main dealer and find a good Independent garage through recommendations when the car gets older.

"Motor Servicing Direct" - Servicing of car ? - skidpan

Just as an experiment (had no intension of using them) I tried a similar company that a colleague at work used. Came with all the "keeps your warranty intact, only OEM parts, full service as per manufacturers schedule etc" and their price was the princely sum of £50 less than the main dealer.

But on further investigation there were differences, first they said the car required a service every 6 months not the year as in the manufacturers schedule and 2nd when I asked about what oil they used the reply was "if you want the correct high spec oil its another £40".

Anyone who uses this company must be mad, they save either £50 (or £10 if they pay extra for the correct oil) and they have it done twice a year which appears to actually almost doubles the cost.

Wish I had the balls to think up these scams and put them into action.