What a spanner - jamie745

Spanner of the week has to go to the pensioner cyclist who yesterday accused me of being somebody else!

There I am, toodling down the road when I observe a black Audi back out of his drive rather quickly and nearly take this old dear out. He then turns left about 20 yards further up.

I overtake said cyclist with her mouthing something at me for no apparent reason, I then stop at a shop further up and have her bash on my window telling me to take more care when I back out of my driveway.

Rather confused I said 'I'm sorry what?'

Spanner: 'You nearly took me off back there!'

Me: '.....what?...today? where?'

Spanner: 'Right back there just now!'

Me: 'No madam that was an Audi, it wasn't me.'

Spanner: 'Oh whatever. Why not just take responsibility?' as she's sat on her bike blocking me from getting out of my car.

Me: 'For the last time It wasn't me now get out of my way.'

Then she just stormed off in a huff, bleating about 'b***** car drivers.'

As she wandered off I called after her 'apology accepted!'

Edited by jamie745 on 26/07/2013 at 14:10

What a spanner - groaver

Dementia is a horrible thing.

What a spanner - FP

Mildly amusing, nothing more. On its basic level, it's a story about a misunderstanding. Or if the individual concerned actually has some kind of problem, it might suggest, as Jamie has reminded us in the past, there are some in society who find it hard to cope - and they may not actually have any kind of badge to show it.

The most offensive part is she mistook a Jaguar for an Audi.

What a spanner - skidpan

Have you considered she may have been blind.

Blind cyclist?!

What a spanner - TeeCee

Got a blind scooterist last night.

Short of equipping the car with a big neon sign saying: "See this flashing amber lamp on the nearside? It is a really, really bad idea to exceed the speed limit and belt down the inside of the vehicle when that's on, particularly when the next junction has pedestrians wandering all over it and requires the driver's full attention!", I'm not sure what more I could have done.

Still, he missed me so, when his luck runs out, it'll be some other poor beggar's insurance footing the bill......

What a spanner - groaver

The hours must just fly by in FP's house.

Edited by groaver on 26/07/2013 at 16:51

What a spanner - jc2

You can be registered blind and still be allowed to drive!

What a spanner - Sofa Spud

Reminds me of the old codger who watched me backing my old Land Rover into a roadside parking space and then accused me of breaking the number plate of the car behind me. I pointed out to him that the rear crossmember and tow-ball on my Land Rover were several inches higher than the car's broken number plate, and he mumbled something like 'oh well, I suppose you're right, but be more careful next time'.

QUOTE:...""The most offensive part is she mistook a Jaguar for an Audi.""

Quite, quite! If I had an Audi, I'd me most upset if someone mistook it for a Jaguar!

Edited by Sofa Spud on 26/07/2013 at 17:11

What a spanner - FP

"The hours must just fly by in FP's house."

Your point being...?

(Perhaps I'm getting stupid as well as old.)