Audi A5 Sportback - Help me choose a car - like a boss

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my car soon enough and finding it hard to decide on what car to choose.

The cars I have in mine are:
Audi A5 Sportback 2l TDI 170 S Line
Audi A6 2l S Line
Honda Accord i-Dtec Type S
Volvo S60 D3 R Design
BMW 520d M Sport

Will be buying a 2009/2010 in manual.

I would like to know peoples real life experiences with these cars and maybe recommend another car.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Audi A5 Sportback.

Thanks,

David

Audi A5 Sportback - Help me choose a car - craig-pd130

I have a 2011 Volvo V60 with the 163bhp diesel (these are now badged as D4, the D3 now denotes a 136bhp variant, check carefully with any car you are looking at).

It's a brilliant car, massive punch and great economy (a genuine average of 46.8mpg at the pumps from new over the past 25,000 miles), with excellent comfort and good ride / handling.

The engine really sets it apart from the 4-cylinder rivals, in my view: it really adds character to the driving experience.

Audi A5 Sportback - Help me choose a car - 72 dudes

There's no 'duds' in your list, all good cars.

I have owned older versions of the A6 and Volvo S60. have driven new S60.

My vote also goes to the S60 D3.

I notice you have opted for the harder-edged sporty versions of each, so you're obviously not worried about a jittery ride on big wheels and firm suspension.

Road tests seem to rate the A5 as an also-ran in terms of the way they drive, whereas the A6 gets better reviews.

If you want an Audi, go for the A6 unless you really need the hatchback configuration. The BMW is also excellent, but would probably be the previous model?

But try the Volvo if you haven't already.

Audi A5 Sportback - Help me choose a car - like a boss

Thanks for the replies!

I enjoyed the Volvo when I drove it last week so will have to go for another drive so.

Audi A5 Sportback - Help me choose a car - drd63

Only one of these I've had was the Accord, petrol, not diesel though. Great car felt as good at 60k miles as when new.

Personal choice of those on the list would be the Volvo, especially in red. It was my other possible to the DS5 that I ultimately went for.