Vodafone pay as you go - increased charges - Auristocrat

Currently on Vodafone pay as you go. Had a text message from them this week stating they're making changes to the charges from 1st August and the text included a website link - http://www.vodafone....id=rdr-12123-02

Basically Vodafone pay as you go is moving from charging by the second to charging by the minute, and the website link talks about making 'pricing simpler'.

In my view it is not making pricing simpler - it is just a way of hiding potential price increases. The example on the Vodafone link is a 1 minute 37 second (97 seconds) call, where instead of being charged by the second, you will be charged for two minutes. So for a 97 second call you will actually be charged for 120 seconds - in other words you will be charged 23% more for their example call.

Just so any of you who are on Vodafone pay as you go, are aware of the potential increased charges.

Vodafone pay as you go - increased charges - Oli rag

Is the charge per minute equivalent to 60 times the old per second tarrif?

If they have reduced the cost per minute you may be quids in.

Edited by Oli rag on 06/07/2013 at 18:39

Vodafone pay as you go - increased charges - Armitage Shanks {p}

Easy - change networks, 3 are very cheap on PAYG, or go contract.

3's new rates are 3p a minute, 2p a text and 1p a MB of data

I am on a contract with vodafone and get 2000 landline/mobile minutes a month, unlimited texts and 500Mb of data for £12.50. I don't think I shall be able to get that renewed though!

Vodafone pay as you go - increased charges - Bromptonaut

Vodaphone need to be publically humiliated over this return to practices abandoned c1996/7. When digital replaced analogue per second billing was a USP.

A good expose on Watchdog should do the job.

Vodafone pay as you go - increased charges - mike hannon

PAYG in France is horrendously expensive, like many other things.

I topped up my Orange PAYG this morning - you have to top up at regular intervals over here or you lose all your credit, no debate. I hardly use the mobile so there's no option really. The voice on the top-up system said 'stay on line, you may have won a year's free calls and a new Samsung something-or-other phone. So I stayed on and was told 'bravo - you are a winner - you now have three free texts to use in the next two days'.

Well, ooblii-ooooo.

Vodafone pay as you go - increased charges - memyself-aye

They need the increased charges to pay for the income they are now no longer getting from Verizon because they have given most of the sale proceeds (£1.12 a share) to their greedy rapacious shareholders

Of which I am one. :)

Vodafone pay as you go - increased charges - jamie745

Vodafones mass giveaway to shareholders has to rank as one of the most depressing wastes of money in modern times.

Edited by jamie745 on 10/09/2013 at 17:26