2003 Renault Laguna 1.9dci - Starting problem - walshey3007
Hi can anyone shed any light on my problem?
I have a laguna 1.9dci dynamique, the turbo seals went on it and resulted in the usual drinking its own oil, I managed to shut down the engine fairly quickly and on checking oil later it had used maybe half a litre. Anyway, I have since fitted a brand new turbo and feed pipe but for some reason it just doesn't want to start. Yesterday I sprayed some easy start into the intake and it fired up straight away but died as soon as I stopped spraying which to me suggests it isn't getting fuel. I took off the return pipe from the injectors one by one and there is a fair amount of fuel pumping out when engine is cranked. I presume this is a fault in the injectors somewhere but is there any way of finding out which injector/s is faulty? Can they be overhauled? What would cause injector to fail due to a turbo fault? Could this be a immobiliser problem or something other than injectors?
I'd appreciate any help offered
2003 Renault Laguna 1.9dci - Starting problem - Peter.N.

If it is an injector problem it will be the one with the greatest leak off, run a pipe from each one into same sized plastic containers and se if one is leaking substantially more.

2003 Renault Laguna 1.9dci - Starting problem - Fernando P

You need to check out the intercooler in case it is blocked with oil. You may get away with cleaning instead of replacing it. There is much more informaton on this if you research HJ etc.

2003 Renault Laguna 1.9dci - Starting problem - walshey3007
Disconnected the leak off pipe from all injectors tonight and when I crank engine fuel still comes out of pipe and not from top of injector, is this correct? I also disconnected a pipe from fuel rail to injector and got a great jet of fuel so there is fuel getting to the injector. I just thought the leak off pipe was to take fuel from injector back to fuel rail??
Thanks for your help
2003 Renault Laguna 1.9dci - Starting problem - Peter.N.

You are quite correct but common rail injectors are opened by an electric current from the ECU not by the fuel pressure, so something is telling it not to inject, possibly low fuel line pressure or could be a faulty sensor somewhere.