VW Passat 1.9 TDI (AVB) - VW Error 19586 - brianthnach

Hey guys,

I am having my EML come on steadily for the past number of months. Plugging in Vag-Com throws up the following error code.

19586/p3130-35-10 intermittent

If I clear the code, it may not come back on again for an hours driving, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, but generally it's after an hours driving. There is no noticeable difference in the engine, power loss etc. Just annoying having the EML on all the time and prefer to keep things correct.

I removed the EGR valve and cleaned it. I pressed open the valve and blocked the nipple where the vac pipe from the N18 valve attaches with my finger. I removed my finger after a minute and could hear it sucking air in so I assume the valve itself is holding suction and was certainly not stuck. I also inspected all the vac hoses inch by inch and there was no deterioration or slits present. I then replaced everything but the error still persists.

I'm just wondering what would be next course of action with this problem. I have vagcom and the only thing I did notice on it was the actual MAF readings are alot higher than the required amounts. This was at engine idle. Also if I engage the N18 valve on the output test it doesn't make any noticeable change to the engine.

Should I be looking at replacing the N18 valve or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks very much,

Jim

Edited by brianthnach on 27/06/2013 at 21:02

Apologies,

I should have added that the MAF readings at engine idling were:

MAF Specified: 250 mg/str MAF Actual: 465mg/str

Jim

Anyone any ideas?

Jim

VW Passat 1.9 TDI (AVB) - VW Error 19586 - Peter D

Post this on the VWAudiForum.co.uk site to get a better response. Regards Peter

VW Passat 1.9 TDI (AVB) - VW Error 19586 - elekie&a/c doctor

This code is set for a fault with the egr flow system.This is monitored by the maf sensor.So it is possible that a faulty maf can flag this code,but I would also check the air intake and breather pipework for any air leaks.hth