Vauxhall Vectra 03 Reg - Does it have a Dual Mass Flywheel? - comfycar

I've tried ringing a few Vauxhall dealers - to find out if my car has a Dual Mass Flywheel. Not one of them could tell me!

The reason I am asking is: mine has 90k on the clock and I'm wondering if I shall soon be facing big bills.

One of the questions the dealers asked me was: is it a type B or C. How do I find that out?

I found Vauxhall.co.uk and asked them my questions.

Apparently my Vectra does not have a DMF! What good news.

They also told me it's a Vectra C.

My Vectra Elegance isn't listed in the Honest John Car by Car Reviews under the Vectra C section.

Vauxhall Vectra 03 Reg - Does it have a Dual Mass Flywheel? - Collos25

Are you sure every 02 on C type Vectra I have seen has had a DMF there is a SF conversion available listed for 1.8 petrols to 2.2diesels..If you take the chassis number to Vauxhalls they should be able to tell you.

OOooooo ....O heck. I did wonder if Vauxhall.co.uk gave me the correct answer.

When you say there is a conversion available, do you mean conversion from a DMF to a standard flywheel?

A friend is selling their car, which I would stretch myself to buy & I would rather put my money towards that, than have to replace the DMF if my Vectra has one.

I've just rung another vauxhall dealer and spoke to service man.

He didn't want my chassis number, but said from my registration plate he could see that the cost of a replacement flywheel is £331.20 which suggests to him that it is a standard flywheel. He said that if it was for a replacement DMF it would cost £600-700.

Dear Collos 25,

I'm worried now that you say "every 02 on C type had a DMF".

I don't think I previously mentioned on this post that it is a 1.8 Petrol, Elegance, Registered on 2nd June 2003.

Have you seen one of these with a DMF?

Appreciate your feedback.

Vauxhall Vectra 03 Reg - Does it have a Dual Mass Flywheel? - Collos25

I have only worked on Diesels and 2.2 petrols but why worry if its not a problem.

Vauxhall Vectra 03 Reg - Does it have a Dual Mass Flywheel? - balleballe

Your car, the 1.8 has a solid flywheel.

only the 2.0T, the 2.2 and the diesels have a DMF