Any - Anyone been to the small claims court about rust? - cws

Just found rust on the door panel fold on my car and will be going to see about a warranty claim at the local dealer tomoro (I'm not naming the brand yet!) as it's well within the warranty period and has full main dealer history. I'm anticipating a battle and just wondering if anyone has ever taken a manufacturer to the small claims court and what the outcome was?

Hopefully it won't come to this but good to know these things in advance......

Any - Anyone been to the small claims court about rust? - thunderbird

If its rusting form the back you should be fine, if its just surface rust you will not be covered. That is standard with all rust warranties.

Any - Anyone been to the small claims court about rust? - cws

The rust is (just starting to bubble) next to the edge of the seam fold, on the inside of the driver-side door.

This is a common issue on many cars, as far as I know - what actually causes it?

Any - Anyone been to the small claims court about rust? - oldtoffee

Two years ago I had a protracted dialogue with VW customer services over perfortion rust on a 2005 Passat. It also was a known problem and even had a VAG bulletin on how to fix it but they wouldn't pay for 100% of the repair until I said I had had enough and would prefer to try my chances in the small claims court rather than accept their measly 40% offer which they had improved to 70%. They relented in the end which I knew they had done with lots of other cars as the forums were awash with stories of outright rejection through to 100% paid. Interestingly (to me) it was dealt with as a goodwill settlement from customer services due to my loyalty to the brand (VWs, Skodas and Seats in the family) as the warranty department had said it was not in any way a warranty issue - strange that as the car came with a 12 year anti perforation warranty and had been main dealer serviced so the annual inspections must have been done.