Fiat Doblo - Steering creak - johnnyrev
Our three year old Doblo has recently developed a creak in the steering, mainly at low speeds, but may may just be more noticeable at low speeds. The power steering fluid levels are fine, so the question is what else could it be?

It sounds expensive, the warranty runs out in a month so I may have to get it to the Fiat dealer ASAP!
Fiat Doblo - Steering creak - Peter.N.

Where is the creak coming from, inside the car or underneath? If inside it will probably be a column bearing, nothing to worry about, otherwise a worn steering joint or rubber bushes, in either case its unlikely to be expensive unless its a fault in the rack itself.

Fiat Doblo - Steering creak - Cyd

There are many things in the steering and suspension system that it could be.

I would say though, that rule number one is that if it's still under warranty get it in to the dealers and report it. Even if it doesn't get fixed now (intermittent, say) then failure occurs later you have a case because you reported it within the warranty period.

Thanks for the replies, the car is now booked in next week for the dealer to have a look. I will report back with what they find.

i suspect it may be a suspension bush as the rear ones were replaced under warranty six months ago, which was a surprise for a two and half year old!

Fiat Doblo - Steering creak - daveyK_UK
Are suspension bush failures common on the van versions of the doblo?
The Doblo has been off to the dealer today and the creaking noise is the front suspension struts that need replacing! Luckily it will be fixed under warranty.

Not so lucky is the MOT failure for a fraying rear seatbelt! The dealer is trying to get a contribution from Fiat, otherwise it's a bill for nearly £300! Ouch.

I haven't been very impressed with the reliability of this Doblo, but at least the dealer has been really good over the last few years with e couple of issues. All the same I think I would prefer a reliable car to a decent dealer who sorts out the problems!
The Fiat dealer has just rung me again to tell me that the suspension parts are currently unavailable to order. So I'm not sure where that leaves me, I presume that when the parts become available they will still fix it under warranty but is it something that can fail completely?

Excuse my lack of technical knowledge! When the rear suspension bushes needed replacing at the service last year it took 7 months for the parts to arrive so maybe I can anticipate a similar wait!

Oh well, at least I've got a Panda Trekking for the weekend, I'm off to find a muddy field somewhere......