peugeot 307 - Catalytic converter fault and anti pollution fault - caneo12

I own a 307 1.4 16v petrol, on a 54 plate and am currently having problems, when driving the car will work for a few short trips then will start to play up. It loses power, and feels as though its going to stall, it has had the coil pack changed, two fuel injectors changed, two exhaust valves changed, spark plugs changed, injector harness changed and we are getting nowhere the fault is still there! The display will come up with anti pollution fault and catalytic converter fault, guzzles fuel and the engine management light flashes. It has been to peugeot for a diagnostic test and they came up with the fact that there was a fault on cylinder 2 which has been changed however this did not correct the problem. We are now running out of options and have spent over £700 in the last 3 months and just want the car sorted now! Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks in advance

peugeot 307 - Catalytic converter fault and anti pollution fault - Cyd

There is a saying amongst electricians:
"if you haven't found the fault, then you haven't done enough testing!"

Diagnosis by guesswork and parts substitution is rarely effective and often expensive because the wrong parts are usually being changed. As a Warranty Engineer with a Midlands manufacturer I used to see a lot of that from dealers. This strikes me as a classic case. The dealers incompetence is costing you dear.