2007 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 petrol - Wynns fuel injector cleaner - beanstalker

Hello,

I get an intermittent fault about 3 times a year. This is the same fault I have put on the forum before where the car suddenly runs very slowly or stalls. A good run on the motorway always fixes the problem. I am considering putting a bottle of Wynns fuel injector cleaner for petrol engines into the fuel tank. Some of my friends say not to touch any fuel cleaners with a bargepole, that it will cause damage to my engine. Others say it will help with my problem. Vauxhall say they recommend it but I am still wary. I have seen a customer review of the Wynns treatment which says the retail version is nowhere near as strong or as effective as the one used in Wynns service centres. I have tried to find out where the nearest one of these is to me but the website isnt complete so no joy there. What do forum readers think?

2007 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 petrol - Wynns fuel injector cleaner - Cyd

Easy enough to find:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500ML-WYNNS-DIRECT-INJECTION-POWER-3-Petrol-Fuel-System-Cleaner-/280938256462?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item416939984e#ht_1796wt_1199

Use a good branded fuel too. And a monthly "Italian" tune.

2007 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 petrol - Wynns fuel injector cleaner - 1litregolfeater

Anybody on here who's ever taken an engine apart will tell you its a load of golden b******s !!!!!!!

2007 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 petrol - Wynns fuel injector cleaner - oldwrigley

Fuel system cleaners are fine for your engine, some work and some don't

We use Wurth in our workshop at the moment but have used Innotec and Forte previously with very good results. Modern fuels, especially in the UK, leave gums and varnishes in the fuel system so a periodic cleanse does them good. You notice the effects of fuel system residues more with carburettor engines as they have no sensors or ECU to adjust settings automatically so they manifest a noticable problem faster. We use them at every service in car we maintain and in 30 years we have never replaced an injector, we have only replaced injectors on cars that are not serviced by us. It will not damage your engine.