Vauxhall Vectra 2.6 v6 cdx 2002 - Climate control dept. - maverick2201

Hi,

today i bought a 2002 2.6 v6 cdx Vectra. However on the way home i felt quite warm so i turned on the Climate control and pressed the - button until it read LO on the screen. However when i felt no cooler i placed my hand over the vent and discovered it was still pushing out very warm/hot air. I turned off the fan which i could hear had stopped but the heat still seemed to trickle through the vent and the car failed to cool down inside unless i opened the window. What could be causing this.

The garage i bought it from had recently serviced the vehicle and although it may not be connected i have noticed that the radio says SAFE on the screen when u turn it on implying the battery has been disconnected at some point.

Should also point out before anyone is kind enough to reply that i am a car novice so please could i respectfully ask that you reply in simpletons language,

Many Thanks

Vauxhall Vectra 2.6 v6 cdx 2002 - Climate control dept. - elekie&a/c doctor

I would guess this is a vectra B model.In which case it is possible that the link rod from the electric servo control motor has become detached from the hot/cold adjustment flap.Also,the a/con may not be working;needs to be checked.The radio in safe mode needs a 4 digit code to re-instate operation.hth