Toyota Aygo - Condensation in light units - is it normal ? - Lauren88

Hi

Im looking for advice on a problem that I have been experiencing with my new Toyota Aygo (62 reg). From the day of purchase I noticed some misting in the back and front headlight units of the car. I have already once had all the lights replaced after a long battle with Toyota UK and Currie Motors. Shortly after I experienced the same problem again, misting in the front lights and condensation along the bottom and side of the rear light units. I was advised following my previous complaint that there is no problem if the misting rectifies itself in 30mins. The misting infact turns to condensation. Predicting Currie Motors reponse to the problem, I took advice from the garage and took detailed pictures of the misting anfdcondensation and took the car and photos back to the garage hoping for an explaination as to why it keeps happening. As predicited , I have now had another call to tell me that they cant fix it unless they see the problem for their own eyes. I dont have time to be driving back and forth to the garage and having the lights changed isclearly not going to fix the solution.

I had an aygo previous to this which I experienced none of these problems with.

Is it common for light units on new cars to mist and condensate ?

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do next ?

Is it worth persuing or should I just give in?

I have spoken to Toyota GB complaints who seem to pass all responsibility over to the garge

Any advice would be greatly recieved.

Toyota Aygo - Condensation in light units - is it normal ? - daveyjp
A misted front headlight can be an MOT failure so it needs sorting.

It seems to be a current problem as I saw two new Aygos today in an Enterprise hire car compound and both had one headlight misted up.
Toyota Aygo - Condensation in light units - is it normal ? - gordonbennet

Yes, the family owned Aygo has one headlamp saturated with condensation, i fully dried it out in the winter and within days it was just as bad again, blowed if i can see a leak but there obviously is one. Its going in for MOT and first service next month, they will hopefully change it then, watch this space.

Toyota Aygo - Condensation in light units - is it normal ? - veloster

condensation in light units-is it normal ? er yes and no

i have a new hyundai and my headlights do fog over every now and again,its to do with the different temperature inside the unit and the outside temperature,even explains this in my handbook,my previous car a fiat 500 never had this problem at all though,but if water is getting into them thats a different matter,i know when you get a new car you can get paranoid about some things so get someone you know to look at it to give you a second opinion,,good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,