Kia Sorento 2.5 diesel 2006 Auto. 70,000 miles. - Black smoke & slight loss of power on acceleration - Craigh

Back again, same problem,

New air flter, new diesel filter, EGR valve cleaned as it was clogged up.....This problem exists mainly when under load when accelerating up to approx 40 MPH. OK cruising on motorway. Slight loss of power when the black smoke shows it's ugly face and very embarrasing in the London low emission zone!

It does not happen when the car is driven from cold and also will not happen while the vehicle is stationary (revving it)

I realise thatv there was an issue with "delaminating fuel tanks" but I thought this only happend with the earlier models (this is a 2006). Can somebody explain how this can affect the injectors?

Could this be a problm with the actual injectors or a fuel pressure problem?

I would appreciate if anyone has any ideas?

Kia Sorento 2.5 diesel 2006 Auto. 70,000 miles. - Black smoke & slight loss of power on acceleration - Deanspy
I have a Kia Sorento 2.5 diesel 2005 model 195000km with a similar problem. This all started after I had air-conditioner problems and the dealer changed every component until it worked. €1650 later, my air-conditioner now works and my car now produces black smoke since then it seems. It could be coincidental. I feel like James Bond on the freeway just without the Austin Martin. My SUV makes lots of black smoke when I switch OFF the air-conditioner. When I switch the Aircon ON it miraculously stops. How strange is that.. The engine runs more smoother as well. Have it in at the dealer, but not very hopefully. I noticed a couple of earlier post with similar problems. Did any of you guys get to the bottom of this? Where should we start looking, fixing, changing.