Mercedes C220 CDI Auto (2004) - Second hand car brake judder/vibration - olliej

Having collected this car yesterday (sat) from the trader, on driving home (30 miles) I have noticed a judder/vibration in the brake pedal when braking at speeds 30mph+.

The car had ben through the garage that morning to have a rear coil replaced, service, and MOT.

The car has 108000 and full Merc history to 100000.

Could it be that that the car has been sat for a while on the forecourt and just needs the brakes using abit? I would have thought that a brake problem would have been identified on the MOT that morning.

Many thanks

Mercedes C220 CDI Auto (2004) - Second hand car brake judder/vibration - Simon
It could be something as simple as slightly warped discs. In regards to the MOT, as long as the brake material is thick enough and that it meets the minimum braking performance necessary for the test then the MOT won't flag up minor faults with the condition of the braking system.
Mercedes C220 CDI Auto (2004) - Second hand car brake judder/vibration - veloster

did it not do this on the test drive then ???

Mercedes C220 CDI Auto (2004) - Second hand car brake judder/vibration - olliej

No, the test drive was fine.

Mercedes C220 CDI Auto (2004) - Second hand car brake judder/vibration - gordonbennet

I'd take it to a quiet road where you can safely complete a few (70mph plus) high speed harsh brakes to get them hot and clean everything up, don't let it come to complete rest with the brakes still fully applied, but drive gentler afterwards for a while to allow the barkes to cool.

Mercedes C220 CDI Auto (2004) - Second hand car brake judder/vibration - bravo20

This C Class (W203) do suffer from front suspension wear, and worn bushes can show up when braking hard, so this is also worth checking.

For example, on my W203 I had a track rod end wearing that manifested itself through brake judder, when braking at high speed.

Mercedes C220 CDI Auto (2004) - Second hand car brake judder/vibration - Peter.N.

My car did this when I hadn't used it for a couple of months but it soon cleared when I had put some miles on it. Rusty discs in my case.