Ford Ka - caused accident but drove off - mememe30

Please help. Im obsessing as a long time ago cut someone up on a roundabout as I had no idea where I was going. ..anyway, I then heard a crash..nothing hit me and I didnt hit anything but it must have happened because of my cutting up.

I feel terrible and wish now I had gone back and owned up. Im not surif I just didnt want to get in trouble. Maybe that mixed with not knowing the roundabout, panicking just to get off it, and also not 100% it was my fault. But now im sure it was anf worried mostly that someone' was hurt or worse :( esp if kids in car. I remember one of the vehicles being a pick up truck thing....thats the one I think hit someone.

Feel terrible. It was ages ago but obsessin:(g

Ford Ka - caused accident but drove off - monian

........................and your question is?

Legally was I obligated to stop? Could someone have been seriously hurt?
Ford Ka - caused accident but drove off - FP

"Legally was I obligated to stop?"

Probably not, if you were genuinely unaware of causing a collision.

"Could someone have been seriously hurt?" With respect, that's a silly question - how can we possibly tell? The only answer is "maybe or maybe not".

If your conscience is weighing that heavily you could consider contacting the police responsible for the area and explaining everything, on the basis that they may have an unresolved case on their books.

Edited by FP on 30/03/2013 at 15:36

Was a long time ago I dont even remember exact roundabout. Plus I have ocd and asked them a similar question before.

I thought at time possibly I caused it but didn't really know what had happened as nothing hit me nor I hit it.

Ok but doubt as we just moved off from lights someone would be seriously hurt in 15mph ish prang?!

Ford Ka - caused accident but drove off - Vitesse6

Confession is good for the soul - maybe you need to see a priest and make a suitable pennance.

Ford Ka - caused accident but drove off - dadbif
OCD, so your a looney, forget it, move on....
Evil no....looney with hyper responsibility OCD yes
Ford Ka - caused accident but drove off - FP

"OCD, so your a looney..."

What a crass, insensitive comment!

Ford Ka - caused accident but drove off - Avant

Welcome to the forum.

I would say 'don't worry'.

Firstly, if it was 'ages ago' someone would have contacted you by now if it had been your fault and your car number had been taken.

Secondly, if you were in car A and behind you car C crashed into car B, the blame in the eyes of the law would be C's for being too close behind B.

I can see why you feel guilty, but you have 'confessed' now, and Easter is a good time for moving on. Good luck, and stay with us on the forum.

Thank you very kind. Plus I'm right in thinking speed at busy roundabout after not long pulling away would be more a prang than fatality?!