Peugeot 206 - Mileage issue - LucyLu2013

Hi

I bought a Peugeot 206 on 15th March 2013. The advert (ebay) said: "I put second hand speedo clock on it as the existing one stopped working it shows150,000 miles but has only done 85,000 miles". He had the car a year and had no paperwork (MOTs etc) from the previous owner. I took a friend who said the engine sounded good and so we took it in good faith that this was the case as per ebay advert.

I have discovered you can look at the MOT history today (wish I'd known this!) and sure enough it has done 150,000 miles.

So either the clock was fixed by the previous owner and sold to him at '85,000' miles then when he changed the clock it picked up that the car had done 150,000.

Or he has sold it to me knowing that it has never been 85,000 whilst in his posession.

I was probably stupid to buy it but I did! Anyway now I have found this out is there anything I can do? The previous owner to him would just deny it was sold at 85,000 miles. I tend to believe the man who sold it to me has been deceived but I have just spent £220 getting a few things fixed on it and finding this out today I am annoyed.

Any advice greatly appreciated, Lucy.

Peugeot 206 - Mileage issue - Fernando P

The advert (ebay) said:"I put second hand speedo clock on it as the existing one stopped working it shows150,000 miles but has only done 85,000 miles".

If the MOT records show that the 150K MOT was done (in the last year) whilst the vendor owned the vehicle, he is guilty of misrepresenting the vehicle in the advert, which you seemingly relied upon. The vendor therefore is at fault and you would seem to be entitled to a refund - if that is the outcome you are looking for. But you have given little information about the purchase. For all we know you may have already paid a fair price for the vehicle, so you may need to take this into account before you consider further action.

Peugeot 206 - Mileage issue - veloster

sorry to be blunt,but you should have steered clear of this car,,know its going to cause you loads of stress,,plenty of other cars out there,,,,,,,,,,