Ford Fusion 2 (2003) - Coil pack/leads! - YorkieRob

My Fusion started to misfire at 1500-2000 revs - just fine at idle, and pretty much OK after 2000 as well ... all gears. No problems when coming down the revs.

Garage put in new coilpack and HT leads (just had new plugs at service). This sorted the problem and the car was silky smooth.

BUT ... after a few days the problem was back, if not slightly worse as well.

"asked Alan" on here and had some useful suggestions. But, my garage put in another NEW coilpack and HT lead set ... and everything is just fine again.

I wonder what are the chances of a new pack and leads going "bad" after a few days (perhaps 100 miles of running at most)?

Anyone else seen this. Garage will send the bad set back for a refund, so no extra cost to me.

So, thanks Alan, and fingers crosssed it was just a bad set - given that that's all they changed the first time and this time as well!!! Sort of logically points that way, unless anyone has an idea what "other" fault changing the coilpack and leads would cure on a temporary basis?

Happy Easter motoring all ...

YorkieBob

Ford Fusion 2 (2003) - Coil pack/leads! - elekie&a/c doctor

Genuine Ford parts coil pack and leads? Doubt it.

"Genuine Ford parts coil pack and leads? Doubt it."

Well, another set cured the issue just fine. Genuine parts in both cases.

Cheers,

Rob

Ford Fusion 2 (2003) - Coil pack/leads! - jc2

From a Ford dealer or just in a "Ford" box??? or even a plain box?

Ford Fusion 2 (2003) - Coil pack/leads! - elekie&a/c doctor

Replacing the coil pack and leads on these is a very easy job,but it is important that the leads are pushed fully home and square onto the spark plugs otherwise you will get misfire issues.Ford recommend the use of a silicone grease to ensure that the leads seat correctly.I would think this is what happened first time round.hth

Replacing the coil pack and leads on these is a very easy job,but it is important that the leads are pushed fully home and square onto the spark plugs otherwise you will get misfire issues.Ford recommend the use of a silicone grease to ensure that the leads seat correctly.I would think this is what happened first time round.hth

Aha, good thinking ... you are probably spot on.

Thanks

Rob