Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - Beaglelady

Looking for general advice,I have a 61 plate Toyota Yaris in very good condition she has only done 41,000 miles. She is very reliable,in the two years that I have had her I have replaced all the tyres as they were quite worn when I got her,the original battery went and her brakes need some work soon.

I love her! however she is almost 12 years old and I have a toddler now,and a medium sized dog. I am worried that she is getting older,everything inside the car is very cramped even without a dog or baby a big load of shopping and my work stuff fills the car.

My question is should I trade her in for something newer and bigger or hold onto her I guess?

any suggestions for what I should switch to? ideally I would like it to be around £10,000.

Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - gordonbennet

As you've found how good Toyotas are if you look after them, Auris estate springs to mind.

If tempted by the hybrid its a very fine car but keep in mind where you live and park because the CAT is accessible and prone to theft, not sure if the normal petrol versions have the same issue.

If you could stretch a little more Corolla estate is hybrid and they moved the CAT so its very difficult to steal, but the car is in high demand from taxi drivers...which tells you how good they are...which means they command high used prices.

If you don't mind the various issues with doing so a low mileage well looked after Yaris will sell easily privately which puts you in a better buying position.

Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - DavidGlos
Although your current Yaris is getting on a bit, Japanese, petrol-engines cars are about as reliable as it gets. Have you thought about a roof box for when you need more space? I know you can’t put a baby or a dog in it, but it would swallow some of the inevitable clobber that has to be carted around with little people.

You’ll likely find some age related replacement parts are needed on the Yaris over time, but with a newish battery, tyres and brakes; plus the low mileage, I’d wager that you’ve got a good few years of reliable motoring ahead with an annual service and paying attention to MOT advisories.
Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - Beaglelady

Also I forgot to say my annual mileage is very low under 2000 and she takes lots of short trips

Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - SLO76
Beaten to it but I’d second the Auris Estate. They’re good practical family cars that are cheap to run and very reliable - as long as you avoid the diesels. The hybrids are good, but due to demand from taxi fleets prices are too high and you’d never recoup the extra money in fuel savings over a normal petrol example. The hatchback is a fair bit cheaper and still a good step up from the Yaris.
Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - madf

Our 2003 Yaris is still going strong with lots of short trips.

Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - sajid

Mark 3 yaris more roomier than the mark 2

Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - bathtub tom

But it lost the slidey back seat.

Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - skidpan

But it lost the slidey back seat.

The slidey back seat is one of the greatest ideas that has never been widely adopted.

We have had one in 3 cars (all Nissans - 2 Micras and a Note) and we used it with surprising frequency. On smaller cars its probably more useful than larger ones to be honest, don't think it would get much use in the Superb.

During our last but one car search (when we bought the 2nd Superb) we looked at the BMW 220 Active Tourer and that also had one.

Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - bathtub tom

I came across them in the first incarnation of the Twingo. I loved the concept and would've willingly bought one (despite my loathing of French cars) if they'd done a RHD version. I could even had tolerated those barn sized doors.

I came across them in the first incarnation of the Twingo. I loved the concept and would've willingly bought one (despite my loathing of French cars) if they'd done a RHD version. I could even had tolerated those barn sized doors.

I used to have a 1985 honda civic 1.3 gm it had a slidey seat as well was useful if u needed more luggage space... incidentally the dash was all rover 213 also the engine a 12 valve mine had a kn filter fitted.

I miss the little car c992cuu gone to car heaven

Toyota Yaris mark 3 - advice re bigger car/aging Toyota Yaris - catsdad

Hondas with magic seats offer a lot of flexibility. A Jazz is in the same general size class as the Yaris but the magic seats give more useable space. With one part of the rear seat occupied by a child you can flip up the other seat base to provide a beagle sized space in the footwell. The door sill is also much lower than the boot if the dog finds getting into the boot a struggle.

Older Civics (not the last two models) offer the same magic seat facility in a bigger car.

Hondas with magic seats offer a lot of flexibility. A Jazz is in the same general size class as the Yaris but the magic seats give more useable space. With one part of the rear seat occupied by a child you can flip up the other seat base to provide a beagle sized space in the footwell. The door sill is also much lower than the boot if the dog finds getting into the boot a struggle.

Older Civics (not the last two models) offer the same magic seat facility in a bigger car.

Had both hondas the jazz and the civic 2.2 59 plate both with magic seats, the jazz and the civic the fuel tank was moved to the front passenger seat both had flat loading space