Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - Institute

Wife's 67 plate Kadjar 22000 miles, when in warranty stop/start engine hazard light on, into Renault and told just needed reset so all fine, year later out of warranty same light comes on due to faulty battery. Renault dealer can't change battery for a month so get it done independently. Put it into Renault to get any other possible faults diagnosed. Had the car full day (£142) and told "it needs a higher technician to look at it" so need to keep it a second day, not happy as I need it to get to cancer treatment next day. Speak to manager who tells me it has not even been in the workshop as they fell behind with work. Next day they tell me it has 3 error codes and to diagnose work required will require a further four hours diagnosis and a further £600 before any remedial work. Codes showing as Fuel pressure sensor, downstream oxygen sensor and exhaust camshaft shifter fault. I declined to pay and took the car back but no further on and £150 down.
Tried a couple of local garages but reluctant to look at it.

Given the fact that Renault have a fair idea of the faults why not just do the work on all three, surely wouldn't be much over £600 anyway ?

Thanks John

Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - elekie&a/c doctor
I’d be very surprised if it needs all those parts at 22k miles . These faults may be a result of a low battery condition. Think I’d get the battery replaced first then get codes cleared .

Hi thanks for reply, had the battery changed independently immediately as couldn't wait a month for dealer appointment.

Thanks John

Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - SLO76

The stop/start system is a very common failure on many cars as they age. In order to work it will run a battery test and if it’s not 99.9% it won’t operate. The Honda HRV I bought for SWMBO before she demanded an EV never worked, and this didn’t bother me at all as I wouldn’t use something that causes additional wear on the engine, starter and battery in order to save maybe 50p worth of fuel a week. In fact you’ll find it difficult to find a Honda HRV with working stop/start as it demands too high a standard from the battery. Your car will operate perfectly well without it, I’d just turn it off.

As for the extra “faults” they’ve discovered, are they presenting with any obvious symptoms or warning lights? The last time I took a car into a main dealer (local AC Toyota before they lost the franchise) they told me I needed over £2,000 of “urgent” work doing to old Terrance the Toyota. The fault was actually a small hole in a recently replace exhaust, which was replaced for free. The car is still running without fault several years later, and that £2,000 is still in my bank account. Remember this, all main dealers are robbing b******s!

Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - Steveieb

similar experience from Renault main dealer and a twelve week wait for a new aerial amplifier .

The main screen keeps locking up and the dealer could find no fault and told us “ What do you expect us to do “

Could this be a battery fault on a 19 plate Captur ?

Thanks for reply

The car is running fine with no issues apart from the noisy alert and warning on the dash saying stop start fault. Being lied to by staff saying it needed a more senior technician then actually finding out it hasn't left the car park has naturally made me suspicious of spending a further £600 just to find out what the fault is.

I guess I will have to put my trust in an independent to try and clear the fault light and if further work is genuinely required that's fine, problem now is finding a garage to take it on.

Thanks John

Good morning

Quick update, car was diagnosed by independent this morning, no faults found and hazard light/audible alert taken off quite easily (which I assume could not be done if the "faults" existed) .

Highly likely it was as a consequence of the stop/start battery being changed a month ago.

Cost £0.00 which was very kind so gave them a decent tip.

I guess some dealerships are very good but my experience of being told "it needs a more senior technician" when the car had not actually left the car park then the next day it needs "more investigation" so a further £600 to tell you the actual problem.

My gut instinct is that the "faults" did not actually exist but having dealt with the self professed workshop manger and witnessed her awful attitude it does not surprise me.

Apart from being £145 down a good ending.

Next up I will get the thoughts of the CEO

Have a good day :-)

John

[removed dealer - Mod]

Edited by Xileno on 30/10/2023 at 10:12

Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - daveyK_UK
3 questions

1. Have you complained to Renault UK?

2. Have you left a bad review anywhere else?

3. Why cant the dealers name be shared on this forum?
Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - gordonbennet

That indy sounds like a keeper.

I do the same as you, the local chain tyre place have done a few odd jobs for me and several times have said no charge, my next question 'have you got a tea/biscuit jar', here's £20 or whatever i think is right to put in it.

Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - barney100

Took my old CLK convertible into the dealers, the roof wouldn't work. They wanted £1,500 to fix it. Local indie said it was a faulty sensor...fixed for £100.

Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - NigelPfeffer

John, that sounds incredibly frustrating. Consider escalating the issue to Renault's higher management or filing a complaint with a consumer protection agency. It's crucial to ensure your concerns are addressed appropriately. if you're on the lookout for a reliable writing service, look no further than https://stateofwriting.com/ This website is a lifesaver, offering insightful reviews that cut through the noise of countless options. It's a one-stop shop for making informed decisions about essay help services. The in-depth analysis covers everything from quality to customer service, ensuring you choose a writing service that aligns with your academic goals. The website is a go-to resource for selecting services catered to your needs because of its openness and frank reviews.

Edited by NigelPfeffer on 22/11/2023 at 07:41

Renault Kadjar - Renault dealer problem - Steveieb

Looking at this example of a car having problems just out of warranty , you can understand why Renault decided to reduce their warranty from four to three years.