Peugeot 307 CC - Peugeot 307CC 2004 Hard Top roof won’t open - Convertible Choas
I am looking at buying a Peugeot 307CC 2004 plate as it only has 45k miles on the clock but at the moment the roof won’t open. Windows will go down but roof won’t open. I’m being told in most cases it should be a relatively cheap fix but concerned it could be something more serious and expensive. What are the common causes and fixes or should I avoid this car as it might cost me £1,000’s to fix?
Peugeot 307 CC - Peugeot 307CC 2004 Hard Top roof won’t open - Gibbo_Wirral

Common causes are a bend in the rod in the luggage cover (doesn't make contact with both microswitches and is ironically called "bow fault" as the straight rod ends up looking like a bow!), along with the wiring and microswitches.

Find a local Peugeot owner with Peugeot Planet or Diagbox to do a comprehensive scan on it for you - google "Planet Owners Map" to find the details on a Pug forum.

A generic "scan any car" scanner won't tell you this information

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 28/09/2023 at 12:28

Peugeot 307 CC - Peugeot 307CC 2004 Hard Top roof won’t open - bathtub tom
I’m being told in most cases it should be a relatively cheap fix

Who told you that, the guy selling it?

Peugeot 307 CC - Peugeot 307CC 2004 Hard Top roof won’t open - RT
I’m being told in most cases it should be a relatively cheap fix

Who told you that, the guy selling it?

Walk way, find another one - if it were a cheap fix the owner would have fixed it before sale - so it's bound to be an expensive fix.

Peugeot 307 CC - Peugeot 307CC 2004 Hard Top roof won’t open - elekie&a/c doctor
These are most definitely not a cheap fix , as are most electronic convertible top cars .
Peugeot 307 CC - Peugeot 307CC 2004 Hard Top roof won’t open - skidpan

Its almost 20 years old but repair costs would not be relative to its current value in reality its what it would have cost to fix when new (adding in inflation). It could amount to thousands if its totally goosed.

Don't believe what you see on programmes like Wheeler Dealers when they fix what appear to be expensive problems for pennies. Its all a con.

Peugeot 307 CC - Peugeot 307CC 2004 Hard Top roof won’t open - Andrew-T

It's almost 20 years old but repair costs would not be relative to its current value in reality its what it would have cost to fix when new ...

True, but that is simply because cars depreciate in value, but labour costs don't. If the OP wants a nice example of an obsolete 20-year-old car he will probably expect to shell out to fix some things - within limits of course. I have done that several times with elderly 205s, but I have never spent much over a grand when buying, so I don't mind a grand or two more on some fixing.

Peugeot 307 CC - Peugeot 307CC 2004 Hard Top roof won’t open - skidpan

It's almost 20 years old but repair costs would not be relative to its current value in reality its what it would have cost to fix when new ...

True, but that is simply because cars depreciate in value, but labour costs don't.

Even if you bought a car that did not depreciate the repair costs would still be relative to today and not to 20 years ago.