Honda Jazz 2023 Hybrid. - Honda Intelligent Speed Limit control - mikegreenland

Excellent car except that the intelligent speed limit assist is as much use as a chocolate tea pot. When you set it to read the speed limit signs, it does, for a few minutes only. Then if it does not see a speed limit repeater it turns off. It also turns off if you operate a direction indicator.

There are no 30mph repeater in the UK nor national speed limit signs. Hence not much use.

I have asked Honda and they say this works as it should do and they do not intend to change the software. Apparently, if you operate the indicator you may be going into another speed limit so it turn off.

I also have a Nissan and that reads speed limits as I would expect - and even holds them in memory if I turn off the engine...as quite probably the same limit will apply when I turn it back on! Honda - loses all the info. I rented a Fiat in Spain last week and that behaved as I would expect.

The Honda system is not fit for purpose and should not be advertised as a feature. It is completely useless as configured.

Honda Jazz 2023 Hybrid. - Honda Intelligent Speed Limit control - sammy1

Excellent car except that the intelligent speed limit assist is as much use as a chocolate tea pot. When you set it to read the speed limit signs, it does, for a few minutes only. Then if it does not see a speed limit repeater it turns off. It also turns off if you operate a direction indicator.

There are no 30mph repeater in the UK nor national speed limit signs. Hence not much use.

I have asked Honda and they say this works as it should do and they do not intend to change the software. Apparently, if you operate the indicator you may be going into another speed limit so it turn off.

I also have a Nissan and that reads speed limits as I would expect - and even holds them in memory if I turn off the engine...as quite probably the same limit will apply when I turn it back on! Honda - loses all the info. I rented a Fiat in Spain last week and that behaved as I would expect.

The Honda system is not fit for purpose and should not be advertised as a feature. It is completely useless as configured.

Yet another gadget on a car that at the end of the day can only increase its purchase price. You need good eyesight to drive a car and see all the road furniture including the speed signs.. Always wondered why there is such a long queue behind some cars. They must have these speed limiter gadjets on on maybe just being ultra cautious and law abiding

Honda Jazz 2023 Hybrid. - Honda Intelligent Speed Limit control - galileo

Yet another gadget on a car that at the end of the day can only increase its purchase price. You need good eyesight to drive a car and see all the road furniture including the speed signs.. Always wondered why there is such a long queue behind some cars. They must have these speed limiter gadgets on on maybe just being ultra cautious and law abiding

The queues are usually because the creeper at the front believes his 'optimistic' speedometer so stays at 25 in a 30, 35 in a 40 and so on to be sure.

GPS on a Satnav is more accurate on a straight, level road, and tells me my speedometer reads 2 mph fast at all speeds from 20 to 80 mph.

(There is also a local marked measured mile which traffic cops used to use to check theirs, I have used that in the past, some cars had readings 4 or 5 mph over true speed)

Honda Jazz 2023 Hybrid. - Honda Intelligent Speed Limit control - Bolt

Yet another gadget on a car that at the end of the day can only increase its purchase price. You need good eyesight to drive a car and see all the road furniture including the speed signs.. Always wondered why there is such a long queue behind some cars. They must have these speed limiter gadgets on on maybe just being ultra cautious and law abiding

The queues are usually because the creeper at the front believes his 'optimistic' speedometer so stays at 25 in a 30, 35 in a 40 and so on to be sure.

GPS on a Satnav is more accurate on a straight, level road, and tells me my speedometer reads 2 mph fast at all speeds from 20 to 80 mph.

(There is also a local marked measured mile which traffic cops used to use to check theirs, I have used that in the past, some cars had readings 4 or 5 mph over true speed)

As far as i am aware the Honda uses both camera speed check/signs, if none available over certain distance relies on GPS it doesnt actually shut off, you have to turn it off in settings