Blackbird - badbusdriver

Don't know about the rest of you lot on the forum, but I was oblivious to the existence of Michael Flatley's vanity project (even though it was apparently filmed in 2018) before last Friday when I heard Zoe Ball talking about it on R2.

She played part of the trailer which, TBH, sounded pretty cheesy, but of course Zoe being Zoe, she was very exited about the prospect of seeing it!.

In that weird way the internet seems to know what you are thinking, low and behold, up pops a video clip on my YT feeder page showing Mark Kermode's review of the film. Bottom line is that in the esteemed Mr Kermode's opinion, this is the worst film he has ever seen!.

And how could it not be?. Michael Flatley has one of the biggest ego's around, he hasn't really been in the public eye much recently and he has a massive personal fortune. So what to do?. What he decided was to do was to write, produce, direct and star in this film where he plays a retired super spy/assasin type, now retired and running a hot spot in the Caribbean.

The kicker of course is that he funded the film himself. The reason given being that he didn't want to waste time looking for backers! (the actual reason could be that any potential backer didn't want anything to do with it)

Funny thing though, that old saying, "there is no such thing as bad publicity" will probably apply here. People will actively want to see it, just to find out if it is as bad as critics are saying!. I have to say, I fall into that camp myself (though there is no way I'd pay to see it), if/when it crops up on terrestrial/freview channels, I will certainly have a look......

Here is the Kermode review on YT, which includes the trailer,

watch

"Bless me Father for I have sinned, and I'm about to sin again"!

Blackbird - Engineer Andy

Whilst I've never given any credence to the (IMHO) smug, egotistical mutterings of said Mr Kermode (similarly with many of his fellow MSM 'critics'), this is one time I'd agree with them, given the (IMHO) non-paid-for shill/woke MSM (i.e. properly independent and credible) critics are saying pretty much the same.

Still, the film has a lot of competition to be the worst film since 2000, never mind ever.

I'd strongly suggest Mr Flatley stick to Irish dancing and leave the spy stuff to his compratiot Mr Brosnan et al.

Edited by Engineer Andy on 08/09/2022 at 12:32