Skoda Octavia vRS 2019 - Skoda RS problems - Warren G

Hi.

I was wondering if someone could help me with my car problems.

I've got a Skoda Octavia vRS 2019 and it has been the worst one I've ever owned and Skoda UK Customer Service has gotten nowhere with the issues.

My car has been in the garage 16 times in the time that I've owned it and it is driving me insane with the recurring faults. It's going back for the 17th time in October!

So far the front camera has failed taking out the cruise control, auto parking, front assist etc, that's been replaced under warranty.

The door locks have failed and locked me out twice and on one occasion let my mate in but locked me the driver out!

The water pump failed and the silca bag in the expansion bottle burst, resulting in a new water pump and cooling system being purged and refilled.

The thermostat has been replaced as it was saying that the car was up to full working temperature in around 90s-2 mins (I don't think so!)

But the main issue is the oil sensor which has been replaced 6 times, along with the cable, the ECU has been reset and yet I still get the message on the virtual cockpit:

"Oil sensor faulty" Please visit workshop and this appears and disappears with an increasing number of times and then disappears again.

Does anyone know what the problem is please.

Does anyone know how to fix it permanently because deleted don't seem to have a clue about fixing it.

Thanks in advance

Warren G.

[deleted name of garage, Mod]

Edited by Xileno on 17/09/2021 at 21:52

Skoda Octavia vRS 2019 - Skoda RS problems - daveyjp

It sounds lime a lemon with electrical gremlins which will never be fixed, time to get rid,

If its on finance get the finance company involved as they have more clout than you.