Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - mello189

Hi,

Just had my fuel injector changed, car is on 85k miles.

I've noticed the car vibrates when idle now at traffic, or when im at traffic and foot is on brake. I've done about 20 miles since had this from the mechanics, should I drive it a lot more to let the ECU learn or something and will this ease the vibrating at idle?

Even when the car is on PARK - it vibrates now that is noticeable.

What can i do?

The mechanic agreed and he said drive it for around 100 miles and see if it fixes it.

Mark

Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - Railroad.

Assuming the engine is running on all cylinders there's two things I would suspect. Both fuel injector issues.

1. The new injector has a new nozzle whilst the other three have had 85000 miles and 10 years of wear. This would create a balance problem. Ideally you should've changed all four injectors.

2. Common rail diesel fuel injectors are very precisely built. They pulse three times every cycle for a pre injection phase, main phase and post phase. And depending on the system they may have an after phase too for DPF regeneration. So no two injectors are ever identical. When the injector is built its given a code. This code must be entered into the ECM using suitable diagnostic equipment so that the ECM knows how to correctly operate the injector. The injector will still work without this coding, but it will not be as precise and consequently will not run the engine as smooth as it should. Could it be that your mechanic did not enter this code which should be displayed on a label on the new injector?

Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - mello189

Thanks. I'm not sure, as jm not very car savvy but I could suggest to the mechanic these things (politely)

But I'll ddriveeit for that 100 miles and see if it fixes itself as the mechanic said?

If it doesnt, then I'll bring it to him and suggest whya you've said

Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - elekie&a/c doctor
How much was the injector ? You’re not going to get a decent one for less than around £300 .
Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - Railroad.

Thanks. I'm not sure, as jm not very car savvy but I could suggest to the mechanic these things (politely)

But I'll ddriveeit for that 100 miles and see if it fixes itself as the mechanic said?

If it doesnt, then I'll bring it to him and suggest whya you've said

If he didn't enter the code for the new injector the ECM will still be coded for the old one. As they're certain to have differences it's no wonder it's not running as well as it should. As I said every injector will be coded when it's built and calibrated. If the ECM doesn't know the calibration information it cannot operate it correctly.

Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - Someone in Yorkshire

1. The new injector has a new nozzle whilst the other three have had 85000 miles and 10 years of wear. This would create a balance problem. Ideally you should've changed all four injectors.

Agreed. Running IDE06141 Adapting Injector Minimum Deviation Quantity on VCDS / VAG-COM should cure this.
Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - Zues
Hi, I just recently replaced two of my fuel injectors car is at 73k miles and I have this issue did you manage to get it fixed or what ? Thanks
Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - Ashley nabbs

Hi pal.. did you get this sorted ?? I have the same issue.. New injector in cylinder 1 and 2 but now the idle is not right car shaking

Volkswagen Golf MK6 2011 tdi 1.6 - My Car vibrates on Idle after fuel injector change - sammy1

As engines have evolved then so have injectors. 3 years ago the 2.0 petrol engine had 6 different injectors for a Skoda. My son had the VRS model which blew one of the injectors. It was changed and for 2 months ran rough. After numerous visits to the dealer they finally discovered that they had fitted the wrong one. So if resetting your ECU or whatever does not cure it then may be you should look again at the new part.