VW Golf MK7 - Strange happpenings. - oldgit

For the last two weeks we have driven into a deserted Glades Shopping centre to get food from Marks and Spencer.
After an hour or less we go back to the car via the pay station and pay for our time. When we approach the exit barriers it should lift automatically (ANPR) the barriers but doesn't so have to offer up our ticket to the scanner.
Right having set the scene. After we left, the first week an Amber warning Triangle appeared on my instruments and this was due apparently to a front parking sensor not working. This cleared upon re-starting the car after stopping a traffic light.
This week doing exactly the same thing, upon leaving the car park another Amber warning came up saying that Front Assist was disabled. Again this was cleared after re-starting the engine.
This has never happened with our journeys I make during the day in between our visits to that car park and has never ever happened before using that car park in The Glades.
Do you think there is a fault with the car or is there some interference in that car park now?

VW Golf MK7 - Strange happpenings. - SLO76
Nah, just typical VAG electronic pains as the car ages. I had to put a headlamp bulb in my Polo every other month. The rear boot central licking failed numerous times and the tyre pressure warning system had a mind of its own. I still really liked the car despite the minor issues though and it never failed to start or cost me for any major repairs in 5yrs despite its 85,000 miles. VW’s are far from problem free though.
VW Golf MK7 - Strange happpenings. - ExA35Owner
The rear boot central licking failed numerous times

Please tell us more .... sounds intriguing (and yes I have read the bit about spelling etc)

VW Golf MK7 - Strange happpenings. - SLO76
The rear boot central licking failed numerous times

Please tell us more .... sounds intriguing (and yes I have read the bit about spelling etc)

Lol. All that licking going on must’ve blew a fuse.
VW Golf MK7 - Strange happpenings. - Bolt

For the last two weeks we have driven into a deserted Glades Shopping centre to get food from Marks and Spencer.
After an hour or less we go back to the car via the pay station and pay for our time. When we approach the exit barriers it should lift automatically (ANPR) the barriers but doesn't so have to offer up our ticket to the scanner.
Right having set the scene. After we left, the first week an Amber warning Triangle appeared on my instruments and this was due apparently to a front parking sensor not working. This cleared upon re-starting the car after stopping a traffic light.
This week doing exactly the same thing, upon leaving the car park another Amber warning came up saying that Front Assist was disabled. Again this was cleared after re-starting the engine.
This has never happened with our journeys I make during the day in between our visits to that car park and has never ever happened before using that car park in The Glades.
Do you think there is a fault with the car or is there some interference in that car park now?

Those barriers are not the most reliable as they often get stuck and have to press the button to talk to security, whom are not too happy at the best of times, assuming of course they still have the talk button

not used that car park for years as its a pain to find a space in busy periods which is fully free, usually someone has parked over the line and makes it harder to open a door, so I park across the road and walk it, one mess of a car park that is imo

I assume you mean Bromley Glades as I just realised there are I think several around?

Edited by bolt on 13/01/2021 at 14:01

VW Golf MK7 - Strange happpenings. - daveyjp

The induction loop in the tarmac may cause issues, but if the car is properly electrically bonded it shouldn't be affected by such external sources as they are everywhere!

VW Golf MK7 - Strange happpenings. - oldgit

Yes, The Glades Bromley. We have that car park to ourselves and a few others at the moment but simultaneously it's a soulless place with most shops.shut and Debenhams will never reopen.