Ford Fiesta (2013) - pulling to right - Splooter

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Daughters car was pulling to right so put it into trusted local garage. They checked the wheel alignment and osr was way out. No adjustment possible to rear axle so was advised to replace it, but now that's been done, and alignment is within acceptable range for all 4 corners, the car still pulls to the right :-(

Edited by Splooter on 11/08/2020 at 20:52

Ford Fiesta (2013) - pulling to right - elekie&a/c doctor
This car is fitted with electronic power steering with pull drift compensation. It may be possible to correct the pull by adjustment to the steering system in the diagnostic adaption function.

Thanks for suggestion. Is that something that I would need to get a Ford dealer to look at?

Any good Indy garage with suitable diagnostic kit should be able to do this .
Ford Fiesta (2013) - pulling to right - Railroad.

Steering pull is very often caused by bad tyres. Try swapping the fronts side for side, and if that makes no difference swap the rears side for side. Beware though that some tyres are directional. If so there will be an arrow on the side wall indicating direction of rotation. If the car now pulls to the left you'll know you have a bad tyre. If it still pulls to the right then something is misaligned.

Ford Fiesta (2013) - pulling to right - edlithgow

Don't brakes bind any more on 2013 cars?

Realise thats a bit old school compared to "electronic power steering with pull drift compensation" and one might expect a garage to spot it, but then I suppose in theory they should be au fait with "electronic power steering with pull drift compensation" too.

One could up-tech it a bit by using an IR thermometer for diagnosis.

\Call me a Luddite, but the electronic power steering with pull drift compensation" sounds like a high-tech hiding of the symptom, rather than a cure.

Edited by edlithgow on 13/08/2020 at 15:43

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Electronic Steering - I've spoken to the garage again today and they are going to look into this, and get back to me.

Tyres - Don't think it is this as it's had 2 new tyres recently which made no difference, and the garage also tried swapping the wheels around before replacing the axle, just in case it was that.

Brakes - mentioned this to the garage today too, and they say they did check that early on, and all wheels were spinning freely.

More suggestions welcome.....

Ford Fiesta (2013) - pulling to right - bathtub tom
before replacing the axle, just in case it was that.

An axle was replaced? I think if we know exactly what was done and why it may help.

I said in my original post, the rear alignment was poor and there was no means of adjustment, so the axle was replaced . The rear alignment is now within tolerance, but the car still pulls to the right.

I'm now told the car doesn't have "electronic power steering with pull drift compensation" - is there any way of double-checking that ?

Ford Fiesta (2013) - pulling to right - Railroad.

I said in my original post, the rear alignment was poor and there was no means of adjustment, so the axle was replaced . The rear alignment is now within tolerance, but the car still pulls to the right.

This does suggest the car may have suffered an impact putting the rear wheels out of line. Why else would the rear axle be misaligned?

Rear axle damage and misalignment is not uncommon on these as this model is often abused , especially by our younger folk . The axles won’t suffer Moderate to heavy impact . Check out this www.carpages.co.uk/ford/ford-fiesta-05-05-09.asp
Ford Fiesta (2013) - pulling to right - bathtub tom

If the axle was replaced because it was bent, could the mountings also be out of line. Perhaps the new one was 'coaxed' into place, putting it out of alignment straight away?