Fiesta 1.6 2004 Mk6 - All the dash lights on.....! - Babygotoo

Hi,

My son has suggested he hit a rather nasty full road width speed bump and which point his dash lit up like a Christmas tree. It then didn't happen again for a few days but from today the car has given the following symptoms

• can be hard to start/won't start, left it for 5 mins and it started
  • EML on, digital temp gauge flashing, temp light on, couple of other lights on
  • Rev gauge stopped working for a bit now ok.

I followed him home, no smoke, car drives perfect, all brake and indicator lights doing what they should do etc.

In last 6 months car has had new battery and coil pack and passed MOT last week.

I will get it plugged in for codes just wondering if anyone has had anything similar?

TIA

Edited by Babygotoo on 07/08/2020 at 17:29

Fiesta 1.6 2004 Mk6 - All the dash lights on.....! - daveyjp

Disconnect the battery. Check all electrical cables to fuse boxes etc to see if anything is slightly dislodged, worn etc.

Reconnect and see if it resets the ECU.

Disconnect the battery. Check all electrical cables to fuse boxes etc to see if anything is slightly dislodged, worn etc.

Reconnect and see if it resets the ECU.

I'll see what i can get to, I can check the obvious, thanks

Fiesta 1.6 2004 Mk6 - All the dash lights on.....! - elekie&a/c doctor
Most of the important electrical components are on the left front of the car . As suggested, check engine bay fuse box and battery terminals. The cabin fuse box is behind the glove box , as is the impact inertia switch for the fuel pump . However , if this has tripped, the car won’t start at all .
Most of the important electrical components are on the left front of the car . As suggested, check engine bay fuse box and battery terminals. The cabin fuse box is behind the glove box , as is the impact inertia switch for the fuel pump . However , if this has tripped, the car won’t start at all .

thanks I'll have a root around.

Hi all,

so still fighting with the car, what has been done so far;

• clocks were repaired then deemed corrupted
  • replacement clocks bought and programmed in
  • all components of the car were communicating inc ECU with the replacement clocks fitted, the ECU wasn't communicating with the old clocks so we thought we'd nailed it
  • the car was driving great but after two days all symptoms came back
  • Auto electrician came and had a look, and we seemed to be able set off the symptoms and sometimes correct them by wiggling the brown connector to the Body Control Module, also seen as the Comfort Control Module
  • This was taken away and tinkered with but no better and back to lights everywhere and no starting

So I'm going for a replacement BCM, does anyone have any other sage advice they could give or anything to test before I go down this path? It would be much appreciated.

Any good companies to contact etc.?

Thanks

Edited by Babygotoo on 26/12/2020 at 11:36

Fiesta 1.6 2004 Mk6 - All the dash lights on.....! - elekie&a/c doctor
Not convinced it will be a fault with the Bcm . You could try a s/hand unit , but you may find some functions won’t work . This part controls wipers , locking , indicators , front and rear heated windows etc. I would be looking at the engine control module multi plug connector. Only problem here is that it is a real pita to remove . It’s secured to the module by a shear bolt . Very awkward to remove .