Honda Civic - Catalytic converter location? - KQ

Hi, following the theft of my catalytic converter and what seems like the inevitability that it could happen again, I looking to replace my Toyota Auris hybrid with a used petrol Honda Civic ((2015 or possibly a bit later model).

However, can anyone confirm if the Honda Civic catalytic converter is located in the engine bay, which I believe is now the case for the Jazz and Accord, or is it just as easy to steal as the Auris?

I just want to avoid going from the frying pan into the fire! Thanks

Honda Civic - Catalytic converter location? - SLO76
Looking at the part it certainly looks like it is meant to be under the bonnet but the best way to confirm is either to call your local Honda service dept or physically look at an example of the car itself.
Honda Civic - Catalytic converter location? - Bolt
Looking at the part it certainly looks like it is meant to be under the bonnet but the best way to confirm is either to call your local Honda service dept or physically look at an example of the car itself.

IIRC its bolted to the exhaust manifold just under the bonnet out of reach, easily seen when you open the bonnet.

Honda Civic - Catalytic converter location? - focussed

Easy to look at a parts diagram and list.

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/partscatalog/catalog/

select/catalog/hondacars/method/model/

Honda Civic - Catalytic converter location? - KQ
Thank you. Have since checked with the service department of a main dealer who have confirmed it would be very difficult to steal without a lot of effort!
Honda Civic - Catalytic converter location? - bathtub tom
Thank you. Have since checked with the service department of a main dealer who have confirmed it would be very difficult to steal without a lot of effort!

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies: "They would say that, wouldn't they".