ANY - Land Rover and others telematics tracking - oldroverboy.

Your car is tracking you... (if it isn't now, new ones will be soon....)

Edited to remove names.

Told police the vehicle had been stolen but investigations into the car's movements, recorded by its Telematic system and sent to Jaguar Landrover, found it had been driven to the house the day before.

The purpose of the trip was to 'scope out' and carry out a 'recce' of the house and the surroundings.

The Land Rover was also driven to the house on the night of the shooting, he said, with CCTV cameras also picking up its movements.

Telematics data revealed the boot had been open and closed during this time, which indicated the crossbow used in the killing being placed inside the car.

Information from mobile phone masts also connected The iPhone to the Beach area, near to the house.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 22/01/2020 at 17:40

ANY - Land Rover and others telematics tracking - gordonbennet

The rest of the thing might fall apart but proves the spying equipment is reliable.

So much for data protection, and before panties get all twisted i know this is unusual circumstances.

ANY - Land Rover and others telematics tracking - oldroverboy.

A few years ago we commented on here about someone being convicted of speeding and death by dangerous driving (also drunk) on the evidence provided from the car ecu/gearbox ecu in a Jaguar.

I can see the point coming when the ECU/telematics will be interrogated following all accidents.

I also remember reading about a cash for crash claim refused as the allegedly at fault vehicle was actually stationary.

So, between my dashcam and ECU I should (maybe) be safe. LOL!

Edited by oldroverboy. on 22/01/2020 at 19:24

ANY - Land Rover and others telematics tracking - Terry W

I suspect like most people I have double standards:

• I am disgusted by the potential threat to my personal freedoms from covert monitoring of where I go, who I might meet, what I say on the phone, what I say in emails and texts, what web sites I visit etc etc.
  • But if some scrote steals my motor I want the boys in blue, light flashing and sirens blaring, to recover my car and arrest the bast...... miscreant who took it.

But even if they know where it is and who took it they are probably too busy to fill in forms for minor crimes!

ANY - Land Rover and others telematics tracking - craig-pd130

It seems we posted about the same story within minutes of each other!

Looking into this, apparently the latest models of the Disco and other LR cars get over-the-air updates to the ECU and other in-car systems in a similar way to Teslas. It's obviously 2-way data traffic.

Note to self: if planning a criminal act, I'll first go round the corner from my house and 'borrow' the very nice 1987 Peugeot 309 that lives there ....

ANY - Land Rover and others telematics tracking - Zippy123

My employer removes all manufacturers' tracking devices from company vehicles as their banking businesses are direct competitors to us and if they tracked the vehicles they would know our clients and by the number of visits and identify the good ones.

Edited by Zippy123 on 22/01/2020 at 21:47