The End is Nigh? - Chris M

I for one sincerely hope not, but a peek at the footnote on the HJ Home Page would indicate all is not well.

The End is Nigh? - Miniman777
Indeed. Not good as this was one of the better motoring websites
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06011794/insolv...y
The End is Nigh? - dan86

Sad times if it is I've always enjoyed this site I don't always post but check in regularly to read threads and reviews.

The End is Nigh? - Graham567

Has anyone any idea as to why?

The End is Nigh? - focussed

Could it be the facebook effect? A few forums that I frequent, not run off of a business like this one, have in the past year or so, decided that the public interest and post count is down, so they migrate to facebook full time.

The End is Nigh? - bintang

I do hope this excellent service survives.

Off-post, but can anyone recommend a personal investment forum run on similar lines?

The End is Nigh? - Big John

Oh dear! - Sorry to hear this

The End is Nigh? - Smileyman

Very sad, let's hope someone buys the website and intellectual property and continues to operate including the very useful history of reviews and comments, there is much worth saving

The End is Nigh? - Leif

I for one sincerely hope not, but a peek at the footnote on the HJ Home Page would indicate all is not well.

Very sad if true. The basic costs of a forum are modest, so it must be the reviews and so on that cost. I hope HJ/Peter is okay. He looks very well in photos, but he’s no spring chicken.

The End is Nigh? - expat

I would be very sorry if this site folds. It is extremely useful but also entertaining. The forum contributors are very civilised and entertaining.

The End is Nigh? - oldroverboy.

WEll, HJ is getting no younger and surely it takes its toll on him and perhaps it will be bought elsewhere..

If not, Thanks everyone for the fun, comments and memories.

GB, Keep on Truckin'...........

The End is Nigh? - Chris M

For me, it's not just the forum that I'll miss, but there is a wealth of other information on the site. Hopefully someone will want to save it, but I don't see how the forum would make anyone any money and therefore the axe may fall on this part at least.

The End is Nigh? - John F

I too shall miss it, especially the opportunity to engage in for the most part civilised debate about the relative merits of this and that. How long has this forum been up and running? Does it predate my TR7?

The End is Nigh? - Engineer Andy

Given your car predates the Interweb by at least a decade, I seriously doubt that. :-)

The End is Nigh? - Engineer Andy

There is another thread over on the General area (started first) where I've commented today:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/133996/n-a---futur...f

The End is Nigh? - Avant

I'll repeat the comment I've just made in the General section:

Sorry - I have been away all day yesterday and this morning, and I haven't been told any more than you have.

The object of an administration is to get a company back on its feet again when it has run into financial difficulties (which I haven't been informed about either, although I do know that advertising revenue is the main source of income). Either a company under administrators (who are chartered accountants) is restructured or (more likely) a buyer of the whole or part of the business is sought.

While the process is going on, a company continues to trade (unlike with a liquidation). So business as usual for the moment.

I have asked HJ for a comment.

Edit - it probably makes more sense to have a single thread for this. Can we now use the one in General.

Edited by Avant on 15/01/2020 at 13:47