Citroen C4 Cactus - Safety Recall on Financed car - Chris Rowlatt-Wildgust

Hi all,

Random question so here it goes! So I drive a Citroen C4 Cactus (lovely car, no complaints, economical) no issues so far. I've owned the car on finance for the last 9 months (since Dec 2018) and today I have had a letter from Citroen advising a recall safety notice on the vehicle was issued before I bought the car.

In the letter it says that since Oct 2017 this car was issued a safety recall notice and that the car has yet to be taken into be fixed. My concern with this is to the best of my knowledge since I bought my car from an AA approved dealer and had finance on the vehicle that this should have been picked up before they car was issued to me? (I bought the car in Dec 2018)

was it legal for them to allow the sale to go through? I'm by no means a legal expert but it all seems strange to me. This vehicle serves not only as my car but as the main family car (I have 2 kids) and I'm a little p***ed off that since having the car I have travelled hundreds of miles with them in the back.

Anyway I hope I've explained myself properly (if not leave a comment and I will do my best to elaborate)

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Citroen C4 Cactus - Safety Recall on Financed car - leaseman

Get a life and take it to a Citroen Garage tomorrow.

Citroen C4 Cactus - Safety Recall on Financed car - Simon

The car dealer may have been unaware that it was subject to a safety recall. Any letter from the manufacturer may have been sent to the previous keeper.

It's no big deal, just book it in with Citroen and let them do whatever they need to do.

Citroen C4 Cactus - Safety Recall on Financed car - Bromptonaut

Assume recall is for 'bonnet striker may be insecure'.

Recall messages are sent to the Registered Keeper. I've had perhaps four in thirty seven years of car ownership. Most recently for mods to my Roomster to address VAG emissions issues. My son has had one too for possible problems with rear windows on his Pug 107.

If manufacturer's records show vehicles with recall still outstanding after several months they'll try again.

Anybody can check for recalls on .gov website using the registration and/or make/model. Ideally you'd hope a selling dealer would do that check but I don't think failure to do so would be actionable (excepting safety critical issues).

You just need to get it into a Citroen dealer and get it sorted.

Citroen C4 Cactus - Safety Recall on Financed car - alan1302

This vehicle serves not only as my car but as the main family car (I have 2 kids) and I'm a little p***ed off that since having the car I have travelled hundreds of miles with them in the back.

Chris

Yet you've never checked yourself if the car had any recalls...

Citroen C4 Cactus - Safety Recall on Financed car - Lee Power

The issue with vehicle recall safety notices is a lot of owners just ignore the recall letter, even when it has URGENT SAFETY RECALL CONCERNING YOUR VEHICLE printed in red text on both sides of the envelope containing the letter that drops through the door.

If the vehicle had been bought used from a Citroen main dealer they would have checked for any outstanding recalls & carried out the work before handing the vehicle over to the new owner.

You can ring Citroen UK customer service & easily check for any outstanding recalls.

You can check with any Citroen main dealer for any outstanding recalls, just ask at the service department reception.

If you have Peugeot / Citroen Service Box access you can also check for outstanding recalls.

As for your car, phone / call in to your nearest Citroen main dealer & get it booked in for the required recall work - its free of charge.