My life (dentist) ruined from a motorcycle acciden - Aplam

Throwaway because I am pressing charges from the person who hit me with their SUV. My life has been ruined since getting run down by a reckless driver, while I was on a motorcycle. I am a young professional (dentist), and because of this accident, I am recovering with my parents. This accident happened a number of weeks ago, and I have life-changing injuries.

I have a loss of motivation to even wake up in the morning. I told my friends that I don't want to see them in my recovery because I am so depressed. I don't want to watch tv, play video games, or even eat. My days are occupied with laying in bed. All I want to do is go back to the day of the accident and never get hit.

My life (dentist) ruined from a motorcycle acciden - SteveLee

You’re still young, that means 1) you will heal well and 2) you don’t yet understand the value of friends. Let them back into your life, having a positive outlook (which friends will help provide) will only benefit the healing process.

I’m a biker and have been all my life – sadly this is part of the risk you take when you hop on two wheels, I’ve lost a few good friends over the years – all but one was the fault of a dozy not looking cager. You will get your life back together, but only if you will it that way, there’s no point burning valuable energy wishing it didn’t happen – it did – look to the future and spend your energy divining a new path. Good luck.

My life (dentist) ruined from a motorcycle acciden - Avant

I hope Steve is right, although it does depend on what your injuries actually are - for example, will you be able to work again as a dentist?

I think you should get counselling, as it's quite understandable that you should feel like this if you don't see how to get your life back. But people do fight back, and lead highly fulfilling lives: I'm sure you can read about many examples of people who like you initially despaired but then found something they courld do which is really worthwhile.

My life (dentist) ruined from a motorcycle acciden - Cris_on_the_gas

So sorry to hear of your misfortune and sincerely wish you all the very best in your recovery.

You have to appreciate that life will never be the same but that does not mean you cannot maximise what you have got. Agree with previous posts that it is better to seek help and try to maintain your friendships. Real friends will stick by you others will drift away. You will find new friends as well.

Although you have suffered life changing injuries a positive mind set into what you can do rather than what you cannot anymore will surely help.

All the very best on your journey

My life (dentist) ruined from a motorcycle acciden - ONMBDM

I'm sorry to hear of your accident and wish you the best possible recovery.