Skoda Octavia mk3 - Used car faults??? - stevejdw

After a few days of ownership i noticed i was getting noise from nearside front suspension,the noise sounds a little like a broken spring.its only seems too do it when going over speed bumps or if there's a difference in road height and its more likely to do it if i,m braking.

i took it too my local main dealer as the garage i bought it from is 70 miles away and it was checked and road tested and they reproduced the noise i asked them to leave it at that as i would be contacting the seller ,there recommendation was that it needs further investigation but there is nothing wrong visually and its safe to use but its not normal.

i then contacted the selling dealer and there first response was oh yes sir its suspension its lots of moving parts lots of them make a noise.but i could get it looked at under warranty if i wanted.

after a couple of phone calls they have agreed to look at it ,but i have too drive 70 miles with nothing in place if they agree there's an issue so i,ll have to make a return trip if any work is needed.

am i within my rights to insist they fix it without any cost to myself as i've only owned it two months now and the noise was reported to in the 3rd week after it was checked out.by my local dealer.

after 6 weeks and the first hard frost i noticed my rear heated window wasn't working properly the top 4 lines were not clearing after closer inspection i suspect a sticker has been removed and damaged the element can i ask them too fix this or is this something i should have noticed when i bought it.

it was from a main dealer ,skoda approved used.

Skoda Octavia mk3 - Used car faults??? - SLO76
I’ve found that VAG models tend to get a bit noisy from the suspension as they age. Up front it can be a broken spring which is very common but also strut top mounts are regular faults. It might not be bad enough to fail an Mot or be classed as a fault but stick to your guns especially if it was an approved used car and they should sort it if they can find a fault but you’ve now got the issue of buying a car for a dealer so far away to deal with. It’s always best to buy locally if you can.

My own Polo has been a bit noisy from the front for a long time now and I can’t find anything actually wrong nor has it flagged up as an advisory on any Mot which last year was done (against my better judgement) by the main dealer. I do use them for servicing but tend to take it elsewhere for its test as main dealers can be a little overly excitable regarding minor age related issues.

Edited by SLO76 on 27/12/2018 at 18:48

Skoda Octavia mk3 - Used car faults??? - Brit_in_Germany

You are not entitled to a car in perfect condition. If the car works and no identifiable fault is present, you will have to put up with the noise or pay for any work yourself.

Edited by Brit_in_Germany on 27/12/2018 at 20:23