All - Fuel Cost Reduction - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

Asda has announced that it's cuttings petrol prices by 3p-per-litre - just a week after a similar cut, and prompting a price war with rivals Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's.

The value supermarket was the first of the big four supermarkets to announce that motorists will pay no more than 119.7p-a-litre for unleaded and 131.7p for diesel at its filling stations across the country

Honest John announced this recently. Our local cheapest is Morrisons at 125.9 for 95 octane. No Asda nearby.

Anyone paying under 120p in their area?

All - Fuel Cost Reduction - 72 dudes

Local Sainsbury and Tesco are 123.9 for U/L, Diesel 132.9

We have an Asda which is self-serve, no kiosk, it was 122.7 yesterday.

If this Asda does cut its price to 119.7, I would expect we will follow shortly at 120.9.

All - Fuel Cost Reduction - RT

Asda has announced that it's cuttings petrol prices by 3p-per-litre - just a week after a similar cut, and prompting a price war with rivals Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's.

The value supermarket was the first of the big four supermarkets to announce that motorists will pay no more than 119.7p-a-litre for unleaded and 131.7p for diesel at its filling stations across the country

Honest John announced this recently. Our local cheapest is Morrisons at 125.9 for 95 octane. No Asda nearby.

131.7p for diesel is higher than the 128.7p it's been at my local Asda and Morrisons for a couple of weeks.

All - Fuel Cost Reduction - groaver

No, but I paid 127p for Momentum today which was a significant drop on the 147p I was paying for Shell Vpower two weeks ago!

All - Fuel Cost Reduction - Engineer Andy

No, but I paid 127p for Momentum today which was a significant drop on the 147p I was paying for Shell Vpower two weeks ago!

I don't think that the Tesco superunleaded has anywhere near the amount of the special cleaning etc additives that the likes of V-Power does. But still, a 20p a litre saving is huge. Shell in particular is IMHO (at present) taking the Michael as regards pricing, especially for their super fuels.

I paid £1.249 for 95 Ron a few weeks ago at the unattended Asda, so I suspect that it'll be just under £1.20 (yep - just confirmed via Petrol Prices from 15/11 - £1.198 in Stevenage) by now. Sainsbury's about a penny or so dearer, Tesco slightly higher.

My local filling stations are still far more, around the £1.25 mark.