AND SHOW ME

• Index
  • Mk1 Kuga (2008 - 2012)
  • Mk1 Technical

• Shays47

Junior MemberJoin: about 6 hours agoPosts: 1

about 6 hours ago · #1

Key fob not locking or unlocking car

We have a 2011 Zetec Diesel awd kuga, and have been having problems with the fob. Went to go out last night, and fob would not unlock car. So used key, and that unlocked car but obviously alarm sounded. Still managed to start car and drive. Have replaced battery in fob, and checked contacts etc. Checked fuse in car and that seems OK. Still does not unlock or lock car. Doing this with key. I tried starting car with the key fob inside the house, and the display comes up with 'key not detected', so obviously car can still detect if key is present. Is there anything else I can try before I take it to local ford dealer, as they are bound to charge a silly rate just to look.

Ford Kuga - Key fob will not unlock or lock car - Oli rag

Do you have a spare fob, and if so does that one work?

Ford Kuga - Key fob will not unlock or lock car - Shays47

No, only 1 fob, and 1 grey key

Ford Kuga - Key fob will not unlock or lock car - elekie&a/c doctor
Does it start from the push button on the dash,or do you need to use the emergency key in ignition lock?
Ford Kuga - Key fob will not unlock or lock car - Shays47

It starts fine with the push button on the dash.

Ford Kuga - Key fob will not unlock or lock car - Lysa847
Hi

I know this is old thread but did you get this sorted as having exact same
Problem

Thanks
Ford Kuga - Key fob will not unlock or lock car - Andrew Barrett

I have the exact same problem on my 09 Kuga tdi 4wd, RAC came to look at it and changed fuse 106 (under passenger footwell), he told me 106 126 and 138 are all to to with the keyless entry. He held the key fob right next to the cap where you would normally insert a key and it started keyless, the strength of the signal from the key has weakened somewhat.

Some errors popped up about central locking and he phoned his auto electrician mate who said its more than likely a module that controls the central locking. It’s booked in with an auto sparky soon so I’ll let you know if this cures it.