Ford Focus Titanium X 2 ltr diesel - lost all power - joewright

Having posted a problem a short while ago, I have replaced my battery with a new one. This ran down to flat, So I had a local garage I use to charge it up to 75% I followed his advice to give the car a run on a local motorway, His instruction was to bring the car back in a few days he tested the Alternator/ Battery and the readout said both ok. Yesterday all seemed good , today the car has lost all power again .

Ford Focus Titanium X 2 ltr diesel - lost all power - elekie&a/c doctor

Are we talking loss of engine power when driving or electrical power.?

Sorry, loss of Electrical power the Battery has run down to flat. This is what happened when I had the original battery on. I have done two runs with the new battery about 40+ miles in total. It seemed fine yesterday but this morning it was flat , not enough to turn the engine over several random warnings 'engine oil needs checking/ low tyre pressure warning. Now all gone.

Ford Focus Titanium X 2 ltr diesel - lost all power - Perfection

I suggest you buy yourself a cheap voltmeter that plugs into the cigarette light socket. Only cost a few ££. So next time when you drive you keep an eye on it to see the charging voltage.

thanks for the response, I have my local garage involved to the point where he has done a Battery and Alternator test. This was done to confirm they were working ok, the readout on the test was good. The issue I have is, something is draining the battery, Having looked On- Line I have seen videos that point to some kind of power drain, the problem is finding the culprit. The one thing on the car that is an ongoing problem is the 'Passive entry' on the driver's door has stopped functioning properly. I have to use the key which will open the doors at a distance when pressing the button on the Fob.

Ford Focus Titanium X 2 ltr diesel - lost all power - MazdaManOrNot

I had this problem with my old focus, what fixed it for me and I dont know why was a new speed sensor. Cheap fix if it is.

Edited by MazdaManOrNot on 21/05/2018 at 12:31