New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - daveyK_UK
It looks good, really good and keeps all the practicality and space of its predecessor.

Excellent news that it will be offered in Multispace version in both a standard and long wheel base and a 7 seater version is being reintroduced after it was pulled as an option in the UK around the summer 2016.

And a new 1.5 Diesel engine, can’t wait to try it out.

Exciting times if value for money, space, practicality and durability are important to you!
New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - SLO76
The “new” 1.5 diesel will be the same downsized version of the old and rather notoriously weak 1.6 HDi that Ford have been using for a few years now. No sign of any problems yet as far as I’ve heard but it’s early days yet. Hopefully they’ve finally got it right.
New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - Engineer Andy
The “new” 1.5 diesel will be the same downsized version of the old and rather notoriously weak 1.6 HDi that Ford have been using for a few years now. No sign of any problems yet as far as I’ve heard but it’s early days yet. Hopefully they’ve finally got it right.

I presume that the one you're referring to is the variant of the infamous 'diesel-of-doom'? I hope they have (finally) overcome the problems as this engine, including the latest 1.5 variant, is in lots of car across across many makes. The Berlingo always came across to me as an odd-looking but very useful car, probably why its popular with active elderly people/families on a budget who need good visibility all-round and a decent boot size/flexible and practical interior.

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - badbusdriver

We had a peugeot partner combi back in 2002 for 3 years. It was brilliant for the needs of a young family. The sliding doors and raised seat height meant it was very easy to get the youngest offspring into his child seat, also no possibility of his exuberant older brother opening the door onto the car next to us in a car park. The pushchair could go in the boot without being folded down (which was an absolute godsend for my wife) while still leaving plenty of room around it for shopping etc. If we were out somewhere for a picnic and the weather turned, we could fold down the seats and carry on inside. This could also be done with the enormous tailgate open providing a large shelter from the rain. And because of the interior height, it was very easy for the kids to get dried and changed inside after a trip to the beach. Cars like this are sooo much more practical if you have young kids than any SUV, but sadly the lack of image means they are a dying breed. So i am glad that citroen are keeping on making the berlingo (will peugeot be marketing a version, what with their push upmarket?) for families who put ultimate practicality in front of image.

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - mss1tw

My old 2004 was a Tardis even comared to the my current CRV.

If they did an off-the-shelf 4WD version with a 'warm' petrol engine I'd have bought one.

They don't so the CRV it was.

The 1.2 pure tech petrol is pretty good and has plenty of power to pull the current shape Berlingo Multispace around.

this is a very important vehicle for the Citroen / Peugeot group, as in van mode its their biggest seller, produced in 2 factories.

They are releasing a passenger/MPV version of both the Berlingo (multispace) , Partner (Tepee) and now Opel/Vauxhall Combo. PSA group have already released front images of all 3 vehicles and a rival website to HJ has published the pictures; all 3 copy the current styling of the current car range to add some distinctiveness.

Currently a new Berlingo Multispace is around £1k cheaper than the equivalent engine/spec Partner Tepee throughout the range. It will be interesting if they continue with Citroen as the value vehicle and where Opel/Vauxhall Combo will fit in.

Interestingly, after discount the price of a new Berlingo van is nearly identical to a Parnet van, although this could be due to them running out the stock of the current model. The Combo was never as cheap as its identical Fiat Doblo, as the way the Fiat/GM deal worked their was no incentive for GM to push up volumes. Again, be interesting where about the Opel/Vauxhall combo van will fit in the range.

On a side note and slightly related although a bit smaller than the Berlingo size vans, Fiat are now expected to reveal their new generation Fiat Fiorino and Fiat Qubo at the IAA commercial show in September.

The interesting thing about it, is there are rumours Suzuki of all people are going to help develop it and sell a re-badged version although it will still be built in Fiats Tofas Turkish plant.

I never expected Suzuki to get back into commercials, but if anyone can make a good small van its Suzuki and hopefully it will get use of the 1.0 boosterjet suzuki petrol engine.

The Fiat 1.4 fire petrol engine currently in the Fiorino and Qubo is reliable but hardly economical nor torquey enough by modern standards.

"I never expected Suzuki to get back into commercials, but if anyone can make a good small van its Suzuki and hopefully it will get use of the 1.0 boosterjet suzuki petrol engine."

Strange comment, Suzuki have never left commercials, though you don't (officially) get them in the UK.

As for collaborating with fiat, that shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, it is fiat who supply the diesel engines for the vitara, SX4 S-cross, and the previous generation swift. And they previously collaberated on the old SX4, which was twinned with the sedici.

The cat is out the bag,

PSA will treat Vauxhall/Opel as their mid price marque.

CItroen will be the budget end, Vauxhall / Opel mid and Peugeot top end

Based on what?

Based on todays released list prices for the new identical CItroen Berlingo MPV, Vauxhall Combo Life MPV and Peugeot RIfter.

Berlingo MPV starts at £18,990, Combo Life MPV starts at £20,530 and Peugeot Rifter £21,990 (although this price is from a ITK forum user, not official on Peugeot website yet)

Thoughts on the decision to place Vauxhall / Opel in the middle of the range?

Worth adding, the current shape Berlingo Multispace and Peugeot Partner Tepee, there is generally a £1,000 difference on a new one between the Citroen and Peugeot.

Do they really expect the public to pay more for a Vauxhall badge and even more for a Peugeot badge for an identical car?

Edited by daveyK_UK on 13/07/2018 at 13:57

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - alan1302

Do they really expect the public to pay more for a Vauxhall badge and even more for a Peugeot badge for an identical car?

Yes

alan1302,

of course your right, maybe it says more about the public!

One thing worth mentioning, all 3 vehicles come in 2 trims. and the citroen base trim does contain the least amount of kit - for example it has the pop out hinge rear windows found in the current model, where the vauxhall base model comes with full rear windows.

One other intefresting observation, my friendly competitive citroen dealer has already offered to get me a new base Berlingo MPV with a £4k+ discount, where the 2 Vauxhall dealers I have spoken with are not able or willing to go beyond a £2k discount.

This fits with other Vauxhall products that are PSA vehicles, having smaller discounts compared to the huge ones on GM designed vehicles.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 13/07/2018 at 14:22

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - Falkirk Bairn

GM sold 2 ranges of what were similar or identical models at 2 different price marks.

Chevrolet - re-badged Daewoos, Vauxhall -Opels with some Daewoos at the bottom & top of the price range.

Problem?

Vx sell a lot of cars to day renters @ huge discounts (40+%) + large corporate fleets. Then there is the retail customer.

The 6/9 month old cars compete with their retail sales £13K 6 mth old ex day renter competing with £20K list price new car - solution GM subsidise deposit, Zero% deals, enhanced T/I........suddenly the Vx car is/can be less than the Chevrolet Dealer...............Profitability dives & Ope/Vx/Eu Chevrolet suffering. as to who can catch the customer's

That was 2 ranges - Peugeot are going to try & differentiate 3 different badges - it will end up with 3 division directors competing with one another rather than other car manufacturers.

Not cars but I worked for a company selling the same products directly & through 3rd parties - Direct had the right contacts in the big companies, 3rd party sellers knew the products & were more flexible.......... after 25 years the company exited the markey with 3 to 4,000 people losing jobs & sub-contractors 10's of thousands of UK jobs.

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - Leif
Having three brands with cars based on the same basics works well for VAG.

Surely you mean four?, Audi, VW, Skoda and Seat

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - Bromptonaut

But with exception of Up/Citigo/Mii they offer different vehicles with common platforms/mechanicals. Altrhough the 2008 to date Berlingo and Partner share body exactly same body/mechanicals the specs are different in terms of seat covers, carpets and other internal stuff. We've had two Berlingos and on neither occasion was there a Partner with similar spec or price.

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - BMW Enthusiast

Don't forget about Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini too. The Porsche Macan and Cayenne are glorified versions of the Audi Q5 and Q7. The Bentley Bentayga is a heavily glorified Audi Q7. The Audi R8 is a budget Lamborghini.

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - SteveLee

My old 2004 was a Tardis even comared to the my current CRV.

If they did an off-the-shelf 4WD version with a 'warm' petrol engine I'd have bought one.

They don't so the CRV it was.

The rear drive of a current CR/V is heavily torque-limited to protect the weedy mechanicals - so it's pointless gimmick anyway, if you get in a situation where 4WD is actually needed, it'll shut down drive to the rear - you're just carrying extra metal around for the sake of it.

New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - mss1tw

The rear drive of a current CR/V is heavily torque-limited to protect the weedy mechanicals - so it's pointless gimmick anyway, if you get in a situation where 4WD is actually needed, it'll shut down drive to the rear - you're just carrying extra metal around for the sake of it.

Meh, it worked well enough in the snow in March. I could feel it kicking in and pushing the car up hills. It's on Bridgestone Duellers, whatever mud/snow rating they have.

Edited by mss1tw on 13/07/2018 at 21:26

Vauxhall Combo Life UK Vauxhall HQ launch for dealer reps on Tuesday, first UK deliveries expected date is now October.
New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - focussed

Duellers? They're not brilliant in the wet, never mind mud and snow.

The new Berlingo MPVs have started to arrive at dealerships this week, each dealership only getting 1 car for now.
None are allowed to be registered before September.
Dealerships have asked for more initial stock but the factory’s can’t build them fast enough.
The Berlingo MPV did go on sale in some parts of Europe this week, but most customers having to wait for factory builds.
Citroen Dealers still waiting on Citroen UK to provide details of launch offers.
The new Berlingo MPV has just received a rare 5/5 review in the Telegraph.

If anyone is interested in a current shape Berlingo Multispace MPV, there is only 1 left in UK stock unregistered (a 1.6 petrol base model). Everything else has been registered this month.

Peugeot Ritter not expected until December due to Citroen and Opel/Vauxhall builds taking priority.

Vauxhall UK to send each dealer 1 each by the end of September. Zafira Tourer UK stock levels nearly depleted. Any remaining Zafira Tourers (unable to confirm exact number left in stock) will be registered by the end of August.
New Citroen Berlingo Revealed - sandy56

DOnt agree. There is plenty of evidence showing the CRV in 4 wheel mode. It has helped me in the local snowdrifts in recent bad weather.

Checkout the YT channel if you are interested.

Vauxhall demonstrators to arrive at dealerships in the next 2 weeks with a provisional plan for a launch event on the weekend of the 8th September.