Pugeeot 207 cc - Car Registration not listed - KJP 123

Just looked at a car ad on this site; just background for a future purchase.

Checking MOT, the car does not appear: nor does it appear on main DVLA site or europarts. At first I thought maybe it was previously on a cherished plate but that does not explain no DVLA listing as they have presumably given it the new number. Number, YR 10 ZVF, is in correct format: Yorkshire and 2010 car.

Another, S 27 ASD, seems to be in the old format, older than the car, and also is not listed.

Any thoughts?

Pugeeot 207 cc - Car Registration not listed - RobJP

Quite possibly the car is currently being transferred from the cherished plate to the 'normal' numberplate. The DVLA systems do seem to occasionally struggle with things like that.

I'd suggest having another look in a few days

Pugeeot 207 cc - Car Registration not listed - FiestaOwner

Hi

The one with the Reg S27ASD (cherished number from around 1998) is listed in the advert description as being KN61XFA. This number is working on the MOT history site and is listing the registration date as Feb 2012. So the pictures are still displaying the old number plate. Nothing to be concerned about as long as the car is fitted with the new number plates before taking delivery (If you buy it).

As RobJP says, the other car is probably in the process of changing from a cherished number plate and there is a delay at the DVLA end. However do ask the garage for the previous reg so you can look up the MOT history.

Pugeeot 207 cc - Car Registration not listed - KJP 123

Hi and thanks for replies.

Most likely it was on a cherished plate but it seemed odd that they had been given a new number without it being listed by DVLA.

BUT I think maybe DVLA gives back the old registration number so they knew what it would be and these might be the original plates. Not legal on road but test drive on trade plates would be ok I guess.

Pugeeot 207 cc - Car Registration not listed - RT

DVLA normally reissue the old number - but while the car had a cherished registration the old number would have been available for DVLA to sell, in which case the car will now be issued with a new registration but retaining the original issuing office and year numbers.

Pugeeot 207 cc - Car Registration not listed - Dadog

Strange this. I have a new car and DVLA have it registered. However, HJ can't find it so that I can add it to my vehicles on this site. Insurance companies can find it but not HJ. I queried it but no reason found.