Dart Charge Xtmas presen - oldroverboy.

Strange, never had this before....

NOTIFICATION OF LOW DART CHARGE ACCOUNT BALANCE

On 24/ 12/ 2017 your Dart Charge account balance is £8.98, which is below the minimum account balance threshold.

If you have Auto Top-Up enabled please ignore this email as we will take the funds automatically, otherwise you need to top-up your account. The easiest way to do this is on our website at (deleted) where you can also add Auto Top-Up to your account.

Please note that if your account balance goes below £0.00 it will be suspended and you will not be able to use your account to pay for further crossings. You will therefore not benefit from a discount.

Yours sincerely,

Edited by oldroverboy. on 24/12/2017 at 07:20

Dart Charge Xtmas presen - Wackyracer

I've been getting those for quite some time now. Just ignore it , as long as your account stays above zero there won't be a problem. I'm not loaning the government any more money over what is usually in my dart charge account. Have you also noticed that the minimum top up amount is now £10 rather than the £5 it was at the start?

Dart Charge Xtmas presen - RT

I think all it means is that you don't have enough in the account for another crossing

I think all it means is that you don't have enough in the account for another crossing

I have enough in my account for 4 more crossings, they send it when you go below £10 it seems.

Dart Charge Xtmas presen - concrete

I don't get any of these e mails. I use the crossing and a couple of days later they take the money from a bank account via direct debit. £2.50 per crossing. I don't have an a pre-paid as such. I did this online using their website to register vehicle details and bank details.

Cheers Concrete

I don't get any of these e mails. I use the crossing and a couple of days later they take the money from a bank account via direct debit. £2.50 per crossing. I don't have an a pre-paid as such. I did this online using their website to register vehicle details and bank details.

Cheers Concrete

If you have an account with them you get cheaper crossing charges. It's £1.67 for a car and £2.63 for my van so if you use it alot it makes sense to have an account rather than pay per use.

Dart Charge Xtmas presen - RichT54

It's a long way from the original promise that the crossing would be free, once the bridge had paid for itself, which should have happened around 2003.

Dart Charge Xtmas presen - Smileyman

it's a load of hogwash .... corporate or in this case QANGO shoe repairs ..... or bullying

I grew up nearby and living as I do in Kent I frequently use this crossing to visit family and more .... I generally top up @ £13.36 a go, ie sufficent for 8 crossings, like the earlier poster I'm not becoming a money lender, especially to a waste of time backdoor taxation entity like the these DART people .. I usually wait until there is about £5.01 (3 journeys at the reduced rate of £1.67 per crossing) then top up.

There is one good thing about this charge, the facility to have more than one vehicle use the account .... so my wife's car and my car are recorded, last week one of my brothers came ot Kent and I put his car on the system too.

One of the many bad things is that although it uses the same logo on road signs as the London Congestion Charge it is a totally separate entity, an adminstrative nuisance.

Best time to use the crossing ... Sunday 8am, worse time, any other time that the charge applies. Probably one of the most mentioned sretches of road on the national rado traffic news. Seems to be always longer journey time using northbound tunnels than the southbound bridge.

All payments are made online and like the car tax (road fund licence) many think they can avoid payment, the system fails the honest motorist.

Crossing is free to use after 10pm, but don't hang around at 21.59 waiting for the free time to start ....they don't like that!

(I must be daft ... thinking there would be some Christmas cheer with free all day crossings!)

Dart Charge Xtmas presen - nick62

At least there is no charge to register unlike the new "Mersey Gateway" here in the frozen north!

New tollled bridge replaces previously free crossing (now closed for refurb, but will also be tolled when re-opened).

There is a £5 registration fee (much like the rip-off when buying concert tickets). If you change your car, you have to re-register and yes, pay another fiver!

I now take a 3 mile de-tour when travelling south, by going north to the M62 and south via the M6 (Thelwall Viaduct) instead of the M56 / M6 route. At approx. 35 to the gallon, I estimate I'm spending about 50p per "crossing" instead of £3.