2.0 FR Technology - SEAT delivery date - Pat Cooke

We ordered our car through the Motability scheme on the 4 September with an estimated delivery date of 31 December, as we did not hear from the dealer we assumed everything was on track. Last week we called to ask for a progress report and were told they do not have a build date yet. We gave them another option and they stll said they could not source a car. We looked at our options and having checked on availability of other cars decided that it would be easier to cancel this order, which we did with great delaying tactics from the dealer including saying we could not cancel as they now had a build date which was the end of January.

We have now sourced another car which will be delivered on our original date of 3 December but are still getting constant phone calls from the dealer.

2.0 FR Technology - SEAT delivery date - oldroverboy.

Always get in writing the possibility of cancelling an order when placing it. Stae maximum time for delivery. If they won't sign it, don't order.

We do have a signed order form with a date of 31 December and the conditions say that if not delivered within 42 days of the quoted date, on the basis that we were told that it was going to build at the end of January 2018 and possibly be delivered by the end of February 2018, I make it over that 42 days

2.0 FR Technology - SEAT delivery date - oldroverboy.

Just let motability deal with it.

2.0 FR Technology - SEAT delivery date - badbusdriver

My wife gets a motability car and I remember back in 2008 we chose a daihatsu sirion as our new car. But there was a delay with getting the car to the UK. We were just told to keep using our existing car, no problems. I think it ended up being about 3 weeks late eventually, so not too much trouble.

3 weeks would not have been a problem but it would have been nearly 2 months before the supposed build date. Having scoured the internet we have found other people who have been waiting over 6 months for their new car to arrive. There have been various reasons given, some are saying that they put European orders first as they get more money from them, there is also the fact that the factory is shared between 2 other makers and they only build one make of car at a time and then there is factory down time to factor in.

Think we have sorted it, well we have ordered a different car from an alternative dealership, cancelled the Seat and at least the phone calls have stopped.