Renault Scenic 2005 1.9 diesel - Electronic ignition problems - JJM

Just joined the forum, searched but cant find an answer. My renault has a push start electronic ignition. insert card, depress clutch or brake, push button to start. This morning it wouldnt start, seemed like the system couldnt recognise that the clutch or brake was depressed. I usually use the brake pedal as the clutch pedal sensor seems to have packed up. is there an easy fix? what are the senors called if I need to replace them. Thx.

Renault Scenic 2005 1.9 diesel - Electronic ignition problems - elekie&a/c doctor

There are 3 sensors on these.One on the brake pedal,one on the clutch pedal and one on the gearshift for neutral position.At least 2 need to function for the car to start. Are you sure this is not a flat battery issue?

Thanks for the reply. I tried to start the car this evening, and it started first time. The clutch sensor has been off for awhile, I didnt know there was one on the gears. I think it might be best if I can get them replaced. do you know what they are called so I can search online for them.

Renault Scenic 2005 1.9 diesel - Electronic ignition problems - elekie&a/c doctor

The clutch sensor fault is usually broken wiring where it runs up the pedal.(bad design).The neutral select switch is part of the reverse light switch and is screwed into the gearbox,underneath the car..It is a 3 pin switch.

I think alot of the features on this car are bad design. but appreicate your help. is the brake sensor similar to the clutch one ie found in the same place.

The brake sensor is the brake light switch .This is located behind the glovebox on the left side.

many thanks for the good advise, ive had the broken wiring fixed on the clutch sensor and alls well.