Suzuki Swift 1.2 2013 - Swift intermittently won't rev without dying - Russell Allen

Hi all,

Really hope someone can help me, I've just had a real shock getting me and my 2 kids home today! Got about half a mile from home, when suddenly my Swift refuses to pull away at a green light! I can start the engine, I can put it in gear, get a bite, but as soon as I rev the engine, it cuts out.

So I idle the car home with hazards on at about 10 mph, call out the RAC to have a look, and they can't find any fault. :( I've since driven it around our estate for a good 5-10 mins at a steady 20mph, no sign at all of any problems.

Am I right thinking this issue could/likely will come back and so the car isn't safe to drive? It's my first car, and I've only had it 3 weeks. Bought used from a dealer, am I right in thinking I can't do much apart from calling them and seeing what they have to say?

If anyone has any ideas what the issue could be, would really appreciate it. Googling has shed no light whatsoever!

Thanks,

Russ

Suzuki Swift 1.2 2013 - Swift intermittently won't rev without dying - hardway

Just not enough "relevant" information here.

Take it back to the seller.

Suzuki Swift 1.2 2013 - Swift intermittently won't rev without dying - jc2

Sounds like some form of "fuel starvation".

Suzuki Swift 1.2 2013 - Swift intermittently won't rev without dying - Russell Allen

That was my suspicion - I had to drive it into work this morning, so did so very gingerly on A-roads (took b***** ages!), no more issues with it. I'm going to give the dealer a call, but I'm worried while the issue is intermittent, they're not going to be hugely helpful. :( Will keep you all posted.

Thanks all,

Russ

Suzuki Swift 1.2 2013 - Swift intermittently won't rev without dying - Metropolis.
Are you sure you had it in 1st not 3rd?
how good is your clutch control being a new driver?

I very much wish it was my clutch control - but I'm pretty confident the issue was caused by revving the engine, not releasing the clutch. :( Otherwise, I'd not have been able to limp it home?

Suzuki Swift 1.2 2013 - Swift intermittently won't rev without dying - SLO76
Very unusual for these to suffer any issues, especially at this age. I was also wondering if you had tried to pull away in the wrong gear? Happens to all of us especially early in driving career...