N?A - Remote Start - sammy1 - N?A - Remote Start - maxbale

I was watching a programme on A&E. A driver had started his van remotely from outside of his Van. Unfortuneately for him he had left the van in gear and it jumped onto him breaking his thigh. What is remote start,is it legal and why would you possibly need it. It could possibly injure an innocent pedestrian, no mention of this in the programme hence the question.

N?A - Remote Start - sammy1 - N?A - Remote Start - RobJP

I was watching a programme on A&E. A driver had started his van remotely from outside of his Van. Unfortuneately for him he had left the van in gear and it jumped onto him breaking his thigh. What is remote start,is it legal and why would you possibly need it. It could possibly injure an innocent pedestrian, no mention of this in the programme hence the question.

I thought the post looked familiar.

You asked the exact same question, under another username, a few weeks ago.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=119387

N?A - Remote Start - sammy1 - N?A - Remote Start - 72 dudes

Deja vue!

There was a thread on this about 4 weeks ago, do a search.

Actually as Rob says, same question and typo, Perhaps Sammy is a bot.

Edited by 72 dudes on 12/09/2017 at 11:41

N?A - Remote Start - sammy1 - N?A - Remote Start - sammy1

I posted the original question as I was intrigued to find out about Remote start, The TV programme was a genuine documentary and the reason for the guy's injury came from his interview which seemed quite believeable to me. Some of the replies indicate that Remote Start is indeed used on some vehicles,legal or not? Why the post has resurected itself is nothing to do with me, gremlins in the IT system?? By the way what is a bot? Am I being insulted!

N?A - Remote Start - sammy1 - N?A - Remote Start - Avant

A robot, I should imagine, or R. O'Bot in Ireland.

Don't worry - computers do strange things sometimes with an apparent lack of logic.

N?A - Remote Start - sammy1 - N?A - Remote Start - Tester

I don't know how widespread they were, but a friend in the Middle East had this on his car. The idea was to start it while walking out of the office and give the air con a chance to start cooling things down before he had to sit in it! Given that the car had an auto gearbox, like pretty much everything there, it couldn't have been started in gear. Can't see much point in temperate climates, though.

N?A - Remote Start - sammy1 - N?A - Remote Start - alan1302

I don't know how widespread they were, but a friend in the Middle East had this on his car. The idea was to start it while walking out of the office and give the air con a chance to start cooling things down before he had to sit in it! Given that the car had an auto gearbox, like pretty much everything there, it couldn't have been started in gear. Can't see much point in temperate climates, though.

In places like Canada they often have them to start up and power the heaters to warm the car through in winter time.