Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i CDX 1995 (X20XEV engine) - Alternator/Power Steering drive belt changing - peter973

How do I change Alternator/Power Steering/Air Con drive belt ?

I've got a Cavalier 2.0i CDX 1995 (X20XEV engine).

Can't see how you get the long Alternator/Power Steering/Air Con drive belt off.
I checked my Haynes manual doesn't seem to show my car engine model.

The drive belt seems to go around 5 pulleys/sprockets, Alternator, Power Steering, Air Con, Water pump (?), Crankshaft and another I think is Adjuster pulley.

Looks like there is an engine mount in the way that I have to take off.

How do I change Alternator/Power Steering/Air Con drive belt, any advice, tips, links ?Thanks

Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i CDX 1995 (X20XEV engine) - Alternator/Power Steering drive belt changing - elekie&a/c doctor

The water pump is driven by the camshaft belt on these.The poly vee belt drives everthing else.There is a spring loaded tensioner that needs to be released to remove the drive belt .The engine mount will need to come off to get the belt away from the engine,so the engine will need to be supported.

Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0i CDX 1995 (X20XEV engine) - Alternator/Power Steering drive belt changing - peter973

The water pump is driven by the camshaft belt on these.The poly vee belt drives everthing else.There is a spring loaded tensioner that needs to be released to remove the drive belt .The engine mount will need to come off to get the belt away from the engine,so the engine will need to be supported.

Do I have to remove engine mount both sides ?

Had a closer look, looks like there are 3 bolts on engine side and 2 bolts on car body side in very tight space.

Had problem removing engine shield plastic panel next to wheel, thought it had those push in removable grommet fixings, now think the/some fixings aren't removable, you just have to maneouvre panel over the fixing somehow.

Can't see how the tensioner is spring loaded/movable in such tight space, maybe/assume that will become visible when I get engine mount off.

Edited by peter973 on 05/05/2017 at 02:01

I managed to remove engine mount & auxiliary drive belt in the end.

Engine mount bolts were really difficult to remove, sprayed some oil & grease onto thread, then retightened bolt to work oil/grease into the mount thread, so rest of bolt could come out easier when I undid.

The automatic tensioner is on a sprung loaded unit, which you can't really see.

Problem now is I want to remove crankshaft pulley, which drives auxiliary belt.

It is held on by 4x E10 small Torx bolts, which have rusted and the bolts are now disintegrating / rounding off !!

Not sure how I am going to remove these disintegrating small Torx bolts which have very little left to grip on.

Edited by peter973 on 14/05/2017 at 00:40