Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - catsdad
Well I rang to my Civic in for an MoT and its fourth service in my ownership, on a Honda service plan. The service receptionist quoted back the wrong (basic) service. It should be the more expensive one that includes valve clearances. I had to put him right. Its not the first time I have found that the employees don't understand Honda's alpha-numeric service system.

Then when I took it in, the service manager himself booked me in. He said that the MoT would "only" be £35. I had to point out that, having bought it from them, my car gets free MoTs, as long as they service it. This is in writing as part of tbe sales documentation.

On collection the receptionist went through all the paperwork. No free breakdown and recovery cover had been provided even though its part of Honda's long-running service offer. Apparently I should have asked for it! They don't provide it automatically. She was however able to sort it right away.

So what should have been an experience where I felt I was getting a very good deal (which it is), left me pretty disgruntled. I could have missed out on £100 or more of value. They obviously have the offers that apply to me on the system as the issues were readily resolved which makes it all the more annoying. It feels as if they are trying it on.

A very different experience from the (often criticised) VW service that SLO is enjoying on another current thread.
Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - skidpan

I often critisise the Civic for its poor ride and despite my Dad having 5 years troble free service form a Jazz I could never recommend one (neither could Dad - he much preferred the Micra). But the Honda dealer was faultless from the day we walked into the showroom to the day he had its last service. They no longer sell Honda, its Citroen and Nissan - we got the Note from there and they still seem fine.

Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - gordonbennet

Was that a proper Honda dealer or did you mistakenly find yourself in the labour exchange (whatever its called this year), doesn't the benefits system work like that so only pro scroungers get everything to which they are 'entitled' and the poor blighter who through no fault of their own ends up in their clutches gets the square root of sod all?

I dislike that idea of only supplying what you should be getting if you demand it, if that was me a letter to the DP, which if unanswered or unsatisfactorily answered would find them not having to worry about me darkening their doorstep again.

Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - oldroverboy.

Our local Kia dealers, Underwoods did all they should have done for my 2nd service on he Kia service plan, did not charge extra for brake fluid change or pollen filter, and properly valeted the car (getting all the doghair out too), and brought me a nice cup of coffee. shame it was in a disposable unrecyclable paper cup. (but that is not a complaint) They are doing well with service reception staff who are prepared to say "don't know" and find out.

Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - SLO76
Got to say our local Honda dealer is abysmal too. Loads of trouble trying to get them to properly diagnose a glaringly faulty clutch on our CRV, I eventually had to bypass them and go straight to Honda themselves who were spot on.

Local dealer is part of a large multi franchise chain that has a poor reputation, sadly the previous franchisee was excellent but they parted ways with Honda for Vauxhall believe it or not. Suited this chains pile em high sell em cheap mantra I guess. VW dealer to date has been outstanding and will no doubt be in the running to replace the Honda with either a Tiguan, a Seat Ateca or a Skoda Kodiaq.
Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - johnnyrev
I nearly got very annoyed with my recent first service on the Logan. It started off well, the dealer I bought it from phoned weeks ago to book me in, and agreed to collect it and bring it back. However, on the day, nobody came. I waited in all morning, eventually phoning to find out what had happened. They had no record of my booking, and wouldn't collect it anyway as I am too far away! So I said thank you very much and went elsewhere!
Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - Theophilus
However, on the day, nobody came. I waited in all morning, eventually phoning to find out what had happened.

Unscheduled morning to write your next sermon then :-)

Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - Steveieb
When asked what was the worst thing he had ever bought a well known actor told the Sunday Times that it was a Citroen car.
When he took it in for service he told the receptionist that he must love French cars as he worked on them. In reply the receptionist said they are a load of French Sh tie and that he should get a Japanese car instead!
Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - focussed

Since moving to France we have used our nearest Honda car dealer for servicing about 30 miles away.

They are a branch of a bigger dealer and have a staff of about 3.

The workshop foreman Phillipe is in charge of himself, there is a lady in the office/reception and there is a bloke in a suit who wanders around looking like a salesman.

Brilliant service - we just borrow one of the old bangers they keep for running around in to go and get a bit of lunch while the service is being done, no paperwork, no signing for it.

They sorted out the slipping clutch on our previous car, the Civic, right at the end of the warranty period. I asked if there would be a problem with getting the warranty approved, Phillipe drew himself up to his full height and said "If I say it's a warranty claim - it's a warranty claim"

Can't speak too highly of them!

Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - Robbie

I have 2013 CR-V 2.2 I-DTEC EX that I bought from Honda Southport - Cox Motor Group - and I have found them to be excellent. I took out the five year servicing offer for £500 when I bought the car. Unfortunately, my next service will be the last under this offer.

My car gets booked in for its service and I get a loan car and my CR-V has a valeting before it's returned to me. I cannot fault this dealer.

I have 2013 CR-V 2.2 I-DTEC EX that I bought from Honda Southport - Cox Motor Group - and I have found them to be excellent. I took out the five year servicing offer for £500 when I bought the car. Unfortunately, my next service will be the last under this offer.

My car gets booked in for its service and I get a loan car and my CR-V has a valeting before it's returned to me. I cannot fault this dealer.

A good dealer makes all the difference. Out of curiosity Robbie have you had any issues with a juddering clutch on yours? Our 1.6 DTEC had a new one under warranty at 25k and I'm reading of others complaining of it. Otherwise a solid big family wagon that feels very well made.
Honda Civic - Honda service, how to annoy a customer - Robbie

No, I haven't had any problems with it except for the passenger airbag. The warning light kept coming on and it was replaced. It took a day and I had a car loan overnight.

I'm changing mine for the new CR-V when it comes to the UK either later this year or early next. It's available in the US and it looks good. My only problem is with the 1.6 engine. I tow a caravan and my resent CR-V tows brilliantly.

I find the single turbo 1.6 stronger than expected with very little lag. It's smooth and revs quickly for a diesel but I've never driven the twin turbo so I've no idea how it'll perform at low speeds.

Got to say I'm a little concerned about the longterm durability of a twin turbo small capacity engine, I believe Honda seen which way the wind was blowing regarding diesels and chose to boost the 1.6 rather than engineering a new larger capacity motor for the CRV which isn't always a good thing in the longterm but Honda rarely get it wrong so maybe I'm being unfair.

I'll certainly be looking at them despite my issues with our dealer and the clutch problem but I'll be more interested in the new turbocharged 1.5 petrol.