Mazda 2 - Mazda Service History - Mike2828
Hi there!

I have just purchased a lovely Mazda 2 and can't be happier, the only problem was the car didn't come with a service book.

When I contacted the previous owner he told me the service was all done electronically, is this correct? And if so how would I now obtain the service history now being the new owner.

Hope you can help!

Thanks
Mazda 2 - Mazda Service History - Wackyracer

I don't know about Mazda but, its quite possible. BMW store alot of service data on the key.

Mazda 2 - Mazda Service History - RichT54

On this page:

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/maintaining/dsr/

It says

if your copy of your Digital Service Record gets damaged or lost you can ask your dealer for a new copy.

Mazda 2 - Mazda Service History - gordonbennet

Phone call to the local Mazda dealer where it resided last would be my first call, or any competent Mazda dealership.

If no joy there try customer service at Mazda UK, if anything like Toyota they will know from 'puter where and when it was serviced even if they don't have details of work done, or didn't at the time due to system upgrades.

Don't be surprised if you get odd reactions upon enquiring though, when i enquired about some specific recall work on my current Landcruiser i had to phone several Toyota dealers across the country, most were helpfulas one would expect but one lady on service reception must have thought i was some sort of Bond villain trying to access military secret data from her attempt at trick questioning.

Mazda 2 - Mazda Service History - Auristocrat

Mazda service history has been saved electronically since approx 2004. We've had three Mazda's (two 2003 models and a 2007) and at each service, the service books were stamped and a print out of the service record was issued.

One should be able to get a print of the service history from any Mazda dealer subject to satisfactory proof of ownership.

Mazda 2 - Mazda Service History - Mike2828
Thanks guys! Will get down to my local Mazda dealer in the morning, I thinks it's a strange way of doing it but that's just me!
Mazda 2 - Mazda Service History - gordonbennet
Thanks guys! Will get down to my local Mazda dealer in the morning, I thinks it's a strange way of doing it but that's just me!

Unfortunately its a better system in many ways for you as a buyer, its possible (or was) to buy stamped up to order service books on certain sites, it would take some serious jiggery pokery to enter a false SH on the dealer's computer system.

Mazda 2 - Mazda Service History - Wackyracer
Unfortunately its a better system in many ways for you as a buyer, its possible (or was) to buy stamped up to order service books on certain sites, it would take some serious jiggery pokery to enter a false SH on the dealer's computer system.

Agreed, I know someone years ago who bought a used Nissan SX with just the first 2 years services stamped up in the book and his local Nissan dealer stamped and filled in the missing 6 years for a small fee. Hopefully the electronic system will stop this.