FAO HJ, HJ Team, Webmaster and Avant - Fishermans Bend

The forum is shrinking. When I first found the forum, way before I started posting there were lots more topics, well over 10 visible on the front page. Recently there were just 10, now only 9. If the aforementioned in the keep posting topics above the backroomers there will be no backroom visible.

Are all the the above the forum posts necessary? Are some out of date? Could some be amalgamated?

FB.

FAO HJ, HJ Team, Webmaster and Avant - Engineer Andy

Maybe its a function of the maximum number of topics on the first page that can be displayed, including all those 'in bold' at the top which are 'general FAQ/how-to/rules' threads.

There's quite a lot of those now - about twice as many as there was a few years ago - I suspect the moderators get fed up with answering the same questions and putting out the same general advice about 'do's and don'ts' on each thread for newcomers, hoping they'll bother to read those in bold before they do something regretable or as a stupid question...

FAO HJ, HJ Team, Webmaster and Avant - RT

Maybe its a function of the maximum number of topics on the first page that can be displayed, including all those 'in bold' at the top which are 'general FAQ/how-to/rules' threads.

There's quite a lot of those now - about twice as many as there was a few years ago - I suspect the moderators get fed up with answering the same questions and putting out the same general advice about 'do's and don'ts' on each thread for newcomers, hoping they'll bother to read those in bold before they do something regretable or as a stupid question...

I'd also guess that the forum page has changed over the years to make room for adverts.

FAO HJ, HJ Team, Webmaster and Avant - daveyK_UK

you now have to log in every time you visit the page if you intend to post, makes its alot of hassle

Certainly looks that way. If 9 more posts are made in bold the back room will cease to exist. An extenstion would have to be built! for it to continue!!!!

FAO HJ, HJ Team, Webmaster and Avant - Avant

Once again, if you have an IT-related question please refer to

kalpesh@honestjohn.co.uk

I don't have the time, let alone the ability, to answer them. But Engineer Andy's comment is absolutely correct - thanks Andy.

Once December 25th has been reached the Christmas e-card post can be deleted at the top of the bold section.

FAO HJ, HJ Team, Webmaster and Avant - Simon
I have to agree with the OP, the number of pinned topics Is overbearing. Does anyone actually read them, I don't refer to them and I can't think that I've ever really read them anyway. There are 16 or so pinned here in the Motoring Discussion section, compared to 1 on C4P and I know which forum looks so much easier on the eye.

Whilst we are on the topic I normally browse the forum on my Windows 8 phone and the forum doesn't work very well at all. You get an advert invading the middle of the screen, if the thread has multiple replies and you scroll down the page after a short while it will crash Internet Explorer and as for typing replies its so much hard work to achieve it I often don't even bother. And as to prove the point, this is the second time I've had to type this out because of the way this site (doesn't) work well on.Windows 8 smartphone.

Edited by Simon on 17/12/2016 at 08:58

FAO HJ, HJ Team, Webmaster and Avant - NARU

Once December 25th has been reached the Christmas e-card post can be deleted at the top of the bold section.

Just prompting for this to be done!