VW Scirocco 2011 1.4 TSI - scirocco repair costs through insurance - Anna McClelland

Hi guys - i'm looking for a little bit of advice. Somebody drove into yesterday evening, damaging the entire side of my precious VW Scirocco. Luckily he as admitted liability and its now in the hands of his insurers to fix.

Unfortunately I've been stung in this situation before - many years ago somebody reversed into my MK1 MX5. There was a small bit of cosmetic damage to the bumper however it was classed as a write off - uneconomical to repair.

I'm aware that the value of my Scirocco is a lot more than my Mazda however I assume that the bodywork required to fix this could be quite extensive and i'm very very worried that she might be taken to the garage later in the week and i'll never see her again.

Is anyone on here familiar with bodywork and the potential costs of having this fixed?

VW Scirocco 2011 1.4 TSI - scirocco repair costs through insurance - Anna McClelland

Oh . . . i've just realsied that this won't let me post a photograph?! Sorry, can anyone advise how i can link this to an image??

Thanks in advance

Anna

VW Scirocco 2011 1.4 TSI - scirocco repair costs through insurance - Falkirk Bairn

Never to be seen again ........3rd party insurer cannot write-off your car.

Only your insurer can write it off so your car cannot disappear overnight. There may be discussions on the way forward however.

Is that really the case? I was not at fault the last time, and i had to fight tooth & nail to get my Mazda back . . . they were pushing to give me the settlement figure (which was pathetic)

Is there a way in which i can show a photo on this forum?

Thanks for the info :)

Anna x

VW Scirocco 2011 1.4 TSI - scirocco repair costs through insurance - liammcl

Hi Anna,
maybe a temporary upload site
like www.tiikoni.com/tis/upload/

and then you post the link here eg
www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=531fbef

Cheers
Liam